Several questions

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by akeibler, Aug 24, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2011

I have a late-2011 MacBook Pro with Lion. It's generally pretty fast and reliable.

1. I recently downloaded a port to play the brand new Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. The program was released as a downloadable application for PC only, but someone from Italy converted it for Mac. When I go to play it, though, I get some severe rendering errors. I have deleted and redownloaded the program and messed around with the internal settings somewhat. Nothing has helped. Others using Lion have encountered no problems. A video of the problem can be found here. Can anyone help?

2. My "Library" folder is empty with the exception of "Font Collections." To access my real Library, I need to Shift+Command+G "~/Library/". What's up with that?

3. "Preferences" is the same way. The folder under Finder marked "Preferences" is empty. To access my preferences, I need to Shift+Command+G "~/Library/Preferences/" or "~/Library/" and then go to the Preferences folder there. Why is this?

2. macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Your Library folders are hidden by default in Lion and ML. To get to your /Library or /Users/yourusername/Library (also known as the ~/Library) folders in Lion and ML:
    • Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder and type: /Library or ~/Library
    • Hold the Option key while clicking the Go menu item, which reveals your ~/Library folder in the menu.
    • Make it permanently visible in Finder by entering the following command in Terminal, then press the Enter key:
      chflags nohidden ~/Library​
    • 18 ways to view the ~/Library folder in Lion