Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Painful to see apps you just paid for go on sale for free!

Always think of it as: you gave the developers what you think it's worth. That's very fair.

----------

Also "How to Cook Everything". Normally $10

Got the iPhone version free via Starbucks. Use it often; mostly for mundane things (pancakes, crepes, etc.), very glad to have it. Now a full iPad version - nifty!

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Why? An inner hatred for good games?

My biggest knock against it is it's size. You can fit a lot of good games on there for a 1.2 GB install.

But free is free, I'll download it, uninstall it, and reinstall it when I buy a 32GB iPad in the fall. ^_^

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Downloaded a bunch right now...MANY THANKS.

If I dislike them, i can delete them but always have an iCloud DL if wanted in the future.

I did buy Over and Tiny Wings and was actually thinking of BUYING Tiny Wings HD over the weekend...glad i waited

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Downloaded all of them since free. Deleted the ones i'm not particularly fond off but at least iTunes Cloud will retain them regardless anyway.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Or an 'iSheep'.

I never understood the sheep term. It start with being used on Mac users, despite it being the minority OS, and sheep follow the group.

Anyway, some good apps there that are either not ones I would usually go for, or had not heard of (Badland is the only game that falls there for me), but I welcome the opportunity to expand my horizons.

Happy Birthday App Store (for Wednesday)!

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I already had 2 on that list, so I downloaded the rest. No idea if they're good or not, but I'd rather get them for free now and figure out later if they're good then figure out they're good and have to pay later. :D

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
WOW :eek: This is just awesome!! The best thing is the only one I already own is Infinity Blade II. The others I never bought because they were too expensive! Great day! Thanks Apple!

SixSlinger

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Oh my God, free stuff? First Apple screw us over by releasing new products, rendering my OLD 2005 PowerBook G4 COMPLETELY obsolete :mad: Then they discount products that I paid for ages ago because I enjoyed them, and made them free? :mad: They should keep everything expensive for everybody else so I don't feel bad about my purchases. :mad:

Honestly, Apple's completely gone downhill since Steve died. Steve would never have allowed this. Tim Cook is a rubbish CEO. Apple should start innovating rather than spending their time in courtrooms. iOS 7 looks like it was designed by a child with crayons, whilst wearing oven gloves. Android rocks, Apple are just copying. Apple are doomed. /s

I think that's pretty much covered everything guys ;)

VERY well done. Made my tough Monday morning a little more enjoyable :)

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Just in case people are not aware, you can purchase the free app(s) on your iDevice and delete the app(s) while they are still downloading. This way you can just purchase the app for future use and not have it installed right away. Also by deleting while it's still downloading, you don't have to wait until it finishes (which is useful for larger apps). You just delete them like you normally do with any other app.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I had to get Traktor DJ. Tried it for free for a week while I had my iPad Jailbroken and loved it. Now I have it officially for free. It's such a fun app to mess with. I just couldn't afford the $20 price tag and then saw it free late last night.

nickimsonik

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2013
I thank Macrumors crew for making us aware of that extraordinary opportunity.

I had been planning to buy especially Tiny Wings HD and Infinity Blade II for my "future" iPad. I saved some considerable amount of money. I will also give the other apps a try. They look amazing on the screenshots.

Thanks Apple, thanks Macrumors :apple:

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Oh my God, free stuff? First Apple screw us over by releasing new products, rendering my OLD 2005 PowerBook G4 COMPLETELY obsolete :mad: Then they discount products that I paid for ages ago because I enjoyed them, and made them free? :mad: They should keep everything expensive for everybody else so I don't feel bad about my purchases. :mad:

Honestly, Apple's completely gone downhill since Steve died. Steve would never have allowed this. Tim Cook is a rubbish CEO. Apple should start innovating rather than spending their time in courtrooms. iOS 7 looks like it was designed by a child with crayons, whilst wearing oven gloves. Android rocks, Apple are just copying. Apple are doomed. /s

I think that's pretty much covered everything guys ;)

Is it Apple making them free or is it the companies? I'm confused now. Wouldn't Apple making it free like stealing money from the companies that developed the apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.