Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
Pathetic. Wake up, parents. Many of your kids have already had sex in ways you've never even imagined.

Hm, did it ever occur to adults to maybe just sit down and talk to their kids like my parents did?

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
hahah, I've saw that ad many times, it's always more funny when it's on TV, you were watching your "normal commercials" then this appear, I think it's meant to be dry [all the kids were looking bored] since the message is talking about sex is hard but if you talk to us [aka Planned Parenthood] we will listen... Something along those lines... That dance and the costumes is so funny... "Body urges... oh yeah... something groovy's going on in your reproductive canal" :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
ohcrap said:
Pathetic. Wake up, parents. Many of your kids have already had sex in ways you've never even imagined.
If you mean "never imagined your kids doing", then, yes, you're definitely correct. Parents imagining their kids having sex is just as fun as kids thinking about their parents doing it. ;)

If you mean "never imagined yourself doing", you underestimate parents and forget that they weren't always that ancient, and, of course, there is the fact that they managed to become parents, likely in ways you do not want to know about.

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
jsw said:
If you mean "never imagined your kids doing", then, yes, you're definitely correct. Parents imagining their kids having sex is just as fun as kids thinking about their parents doing it. ;)

If you mean "never imagined yourself doing", you underestimate parents and forget that they weren't always that ancient, and, of course, there is the fact that they managed to become parents, likely in ways you do not want to know about.
Most of my friends parents don't know half of what they have overheard their teenagers talking about to their friends on the phone, or maybe it is just because we have new terminology... :D

But that's all besides the point..

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
ohcrap said:

Hm, did it ever occur to adults to maybe just sit down and talk to their kids like my parents did?

Touchy subject, I had a feeling that someone (jsw in this case) would comment on idea of parents having been children in the past....sexually speaking :eek:

jsw said:

It is pathetic that parents cannot talk to their own children about safety in sex, the topic is so taboo amongst families when it should be open for discussion....resulting in less teen pregnancies and recurring cycles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.