Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonchilddave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
I have a MacPro1,1 running Mavericks 10.9.5 that I set up with SFOTT. Today I noticed that there is a security update from Apple and that it includes an EFI patch. If I install this update, is it going to break my system? I'm going to have to load this update - as my work will require it, but I also don't want to break my system. Is there a certain procedure I need to follow?

hoppe91

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2015
I have a MacPro1,1 running Mavericks 10.9.5 that I set up with SFOTT. Today I noticed that there is a security update from Apple and that it includes an EFI patch. If I install this update, is it going to break my system? I'm going to have to load this update - as my work will require it, but I also don't want to break my system. Is there a certain procedure I need to follow?

Hey I also have a MacPro 1,1 running 10.9.5 and also worry about downloading and installing the Update 2015-007. Did you try it up to now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.