Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmail

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
It's such a mistake that they didn't use the same static cling film on the rear as they did the front. It's also a shame that they covered up the flash. It's pretty obvious that the refraction of the LED onto the film would distort the picture quality taken from the phone.

Poor R&D from another company just trying to make a quick buck.

I definitely can't wait for PowerSupport to bring out their front and rear film. Based on their history, you know they'll get it right the first time.

cjb23

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2005
SGP Steinheil EX Ultracrystal (not incredible shield) pics showing the bluish color discoloration problem caused by not having a hole for the flash

NOTE:This is for the EX ultracrystal (hard back screen) not the incredible shield ultra coat (soft back screen)

pics with the back screen on (ie flash covered by screen)
photo1.jpg

pics with the screen off (ie flash not covered)
photo2.jpg

I can hardly notice the differnce, can you? :rolleyes:

BTW, I emailed Sgpstore.com customer service alerting them to this post and the above issue - we'll see what happens

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
It's such a mistake that they didn't use the same static cling film on the rear as they did the front. It's also a shame that they covered up the flash. It's pretty obvious that the refraction of the LED onto the film would distort the picture quality taken from the phone.

Poor R&D from another company just trying to make a quick buck.

I definitely can't wait for PowerSupport to bring out their front and rear film. Based on their history, you know they'll get it right the first time.

If you want the static cling just get the Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal instead of the Incredible Shield, how is that a "mistake?" They offer both products and it is the buyer's choice. I do agree about thee need for cutouts though.

gmail

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
If you want the static cling just get the Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal instead of the Incredible Shield, how is that a "mistake?" They offer both products and it is the buyer's choice. I do agree about thee need for cutouts though.

Check out the awesome photos with the SGP shield in the post above you. That blue tint looks so awesome.

Have fun throwing money at trash made by companies only looking to make a quick buck instead of creating a quality product. You don't need anything more than basic college degree to understand the light refraction issues that would come with a less than 98% clear film on it.

Obviously, the company didn't do any basic R&D.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Check out the awesome photos with the SGP shield in the post above you. That blue tint looks so awesome.

Have fun throwing money at trash made by companies only looking to make a quick buck instead of creating a quality product. You don't need anything more than basic college degree to understand the light refraction issues that would come with a less than 98% clear film on it.

Obviously, the company didn't do any basic R&D.

I said I agreed with you about the need for cutouts, buddy. And I definitely will not be purchasing from this company unless they correct that. I was merely stating that they do offer a product that has the same static cling film for the rear, which is a fact.

gmail

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I said I agreed with you about the need for cutouts, buddy. And I definitely will not be purchasing from this company unless they correct that. I was merely stating that they do offer a product that has the same static cling film for the rear, which is a fact.

So we agree that it's a horrible product. :)

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
So we agree that it's a horrible product. :)

Yep, agreed, at least for now! Some of their previous products have gotten good reviews and look great in youtube vids so I'm not counting them out yet, I would still consider them if they update their design and include the proper cutouts. There's a lot of pressure on companies to get their accessories out ASAP for release, with people on here complaining all the time about not having protection from day 1, so it's understandable that things could be overlooked. Hopefully it will be rectified!

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
Haha. I agreed with you guys, and I emailed them and returned mine already. I ordered today, and emailed them since they havent shipped anyway. I'll see.

Skaterbasist

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Everyone needs to be careful about buying rear protectors that don't have a cutout for the flash AND cutouts that are too small since even a small amount of film will transfer the light to the lens.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
SGP Steinheil EX Ultracrystal (not incredible shield) pics showing the bluish color discoloration problem caused by not having a hole for the flash

NOTE:This is for the EX ultracrystal (hard back screen) not the incredible shield ultra coat (soft back screen)
BTW, I emailed Sgpstore.com customer service alerting them to this post and the above issue - we'll see what happens

Thanks for the info. I bought the EX UltraCrystal for my iPad as I was getting their Vintage case anyway, and have been very impressed by it... I've always gone for Power Support in the past.

But your pics have saved me making an order too soon, so cheers for that! We'll see what they say, if it's not to be corrected I'm back with PS.

bhsu21

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Yesterday I received the Ultra Crystal Clear screen protector and it didn't have a cut out for the front facing camera either.

I just find it stupid because it was announced on the very first day and they make it without holes for the front and the back??

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY yet. Wait.

I also emailed them and see what they will say as well. I'll post if they do right back. We'll see if they want to make things right.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Well, I have the EX Ultra Crystal on the way. :( I may just use a hole punch to solve the problem until Power Support releases theirs. I was planning on get that anyway unless I really liked the SGP one.

dkhenkin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
Just sent in an email to cancel my order. Hopefully they will release one with a hole for the flash.

bhsu21

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
If they won't do anything about my screen protector it says there is a 30 day money back guarantee. I'll just pay for the shipping back and get my money back.

It seems like they just rushed these out to be one of the first to have them.

corduroy73

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
SGP Incredi-POS

All, I emailed them 2 days ago and have not received a response. I could not find a phone number on their web site, but there was one on my paypal receipt.

213-252-8132

They are in California so you will probably have to wait a couple hours to call them. I am going to return it and ask for refund.

I did get a ZAGG full body (no side side protector / signal booster!) invisible shield also and it has the proper cutouts. I may just stick with the IS w/ bumpers. However, I really wanted something with a matte finish. I think the matte finish allows your fingers to slide easier.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
im so mad it doesn't have cut outs. but for 20 bucks for two full sets. not a bad deal till power support comes out in july.

plus u can always use a hole punch.

corduroy73

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
im so mad it doesn't have cut outs. but for 20 bucks for two full sets. not a bad deal till power support comes out in july.

plus u can always use a hole punch.

What is so great about power support, I have never used them. And will they offer a full body kit (back/front/sides)?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I'm still waiting on my EX ultra clear to come in. Sad to know that the missing cutouts can cause the flash to refract like that. I think I'll just use a hole punch on the back. It's not such a big deal.

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
This is disappointing with no cut outs :(
But I also plan to do the hole punch thing, and hopefully they will correct this issue..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.