Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
well

i just talked to fedex...

first off, my package skipped indianopolis all together. maybe that is why it went through customs in alaska. ? ? ? anyways.

Jun 23, 2006 9:39 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

4:05 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

12:22 PM

Int'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

and it's supposidly on it's way to the Fresno location where it will be on a truck for dlievery this morning. its 6:11am now so we will see.

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
so that means

my system flew on this plane from alaska right to oakland which is not usual...

Airline Federal Express
Flight Number 86
Departure City (Airport) Anchorage, AK (ANC)
Departure Time 06/23/2006 04:32 PM
Arrival City (Airport) Oakland, CA (OAK)
Arrival Time 06/23/2006 09:22 PM
Remaining Flight Time 00:00
Aircraft Type MD10
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Arrived

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Yup!!!

It made the flight out that I posted above. It's now about 20 miles from me at the airport.
Jun 24, 2006 7:21 AM

Departed FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

The flight landed 30 minutes later in Fresno, CA. Because it's the priority shipping, fed-ex says it will be at my house no later than 10:30 AM This morning. yay!

I will let you guys know how the supposid new logic board runs.

Airline Federal Express
Flight Number 1867
Departure City (Airport) Oakland, CA (OAK)
Departure Time 06/24/2006 07:06 AM
Arrival City (Airport) Fresno, CA (FAT)
Arrival Time 06/24/2006 07:39 AM
Remaining Flight Time 00:00
Aircraft Type Boeing 727 Stage 3 (-100 or -200)
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Landed

It is here!!! I called Federal Express and they will not let me come pick it up. It has to make at least one delievery attempt.

Couple more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Hrmm

my laptop is 6.31 miles from my house, but it still says estimated delievery being Tuesday the 27th. Frikken FedEx. They told me it will be here today, and I am sure it will. I do not doubt them.

Have faith!

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
If it says the delivery date is the 27th still, is the current location up to date on the website or does it say it's still in Alaska?

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Jun 24, 2006 7:44 AM

At dest sort facility

FRESNO, CA

It's at my local facility

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Good luck guys. I got my new blackbook (replacement for faulty white) and so far it seems to be perfect. No mooing, no whiring, Reading all my discs.. LOVE It. And Black is nicer than white - though I didnt think it would be.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
I haven't seen any updates on FedEx.com since it arrived in INDY at 2am. Looks like no movement until Monday. So maybe they will actually get delivered on Tuesday.

jsousa

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2006
i called fed-ex yesturday, they said it would arrive on wednesday...but this delay crap is bs.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
jsousa said:
i called fed-ex yesturday, they said it would arrive on wednesday...but this delay crap is bs.

When did yours ship from China? Mine left on the 22nd and still says it will be here Tuesday, the 27th. Kind of sucks for 2 day shipping fees. The last update on the site says it left INDY this morning at 6:25am. Not sure where it's going or whether it's on a truck or plane.

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Monkaee

it's probably on a plane... mine went from alaska direct to oakland, which was weird, it totally skipped indy. however, my first MacBook Pro order from apple also had the exact delay beyond our control issue. it really does not last that long and it will be moving soon. where is you're systems final destinaton monkaee? i can determine what plane it's on and what hub it's going to.

my first one went from alaksa to indy to oakland to monterey (i was away at school when it was shipped) but this one got shipped to Fresno, where I was able to negotiate a pickup.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
Here's what I found:

Alaska to IND - arrived at 6:25am (confirmed on FedEx.com).
FDX438 - IND to MEM - arrived at 9:43am.
FDX741 - MEM to RIC - arrived at 7:41pm.

I'm hoping my shipment was on those last two planes. FedEx.com doesn't seem to update very often on the weekend.

jsousa

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2006
mine shipped last friday, but in china it was saturday. fed ex said wednesday, but i should expect it on tuesday really...

plus, i ordered it last tuesday...soo...
but hey, now its in memphis, which is nice

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Monkaee

Hey-

Yeah, I basically had to guess which flight my laptop was on at one point, and i turned out to be correct. For instance... Once it was scanned in inside China, the next thing I saw was the arrival scan in Oakland. So basically it is pretty lagged. No register of a depature from china, then all at once I got an arrive in alaska, customs, departure, and arrival in oakland.... then the next thing i got was the arrival in Fresno. Things can be screwy with the tracking sometimes.

I bet you're laptop makes it by tomorrow.

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Hehe...

I did the same thing, except becuase I am a college student, my first MBP (the one I have posted every single post from), I stayed up all hours of the night waiting for it. So, basically at 7pm my time when it left alaska for indy, I was told by my friend that it was overnighted basically from alaska unless it is a weekend. So, being as I did not believe that, I literally stayed up all night tracking the laptop.

I watched it on flytecomm fly from alaksa to indy, then watched it sit in indy at customs hoping it made the flight to oakland so a drive in monterey could pick it up around 6am my time, get it on a truck by 730 in monterey and too my doorstep by 1030. Well, it happend.

It barley made it. Alaska to Indy 7am departure, arrived at 12pm mytime??? Then through customs... oohh boy this will take awhile... 3am my time rolls around, i see it has left Indy on the way to oakland... I am way stoked! I then decide to take a nap as I am positive it's going to arrive... 6am rolls around and I get up from my nap. I see it has already landed in oakland and is on a truck for monterey! yay! I spent the next four hours waiting in anticitipation, on my PC computers, reading everything about the macbook pro...

then i tracked it around 730 to see that it was in monterey, and on a truck for delievery... my pulse raced as I awaitied the fedex driver. 11am now rolls around, and I am a little upset. They said 10:30... I don't know why they do that to people. Be honest :cool: anyways... 11:14 the fed ex VAN gets there, and walks it to my doorstep. I never signed for a package so fast in my life.

Anyways, that's how excited I was for my first macbook pro... But take into account I had a performa 6400/200mhz when i was in the 4th grade. when i turned 11 i installed debian and slackware on two seperate systems i had. even since then i became a bsd/unix/linux guru and have loved it. When OS X went to a BSD KERNEL, i freaked out. Basically, it was three years of waiting for the laptop, then the chance for me to get one came, and I have never been more excited in my life. It was perfect. I had my last final Wednseday, the laptop came Friday. I had about 10 days (straight) to spend on the system... I know, it's terrible.

That was MBP 2.0 80 gig 5400 1 gig ram 128 vram
replacement is a

MBP 2.16 100 gig 7200 2gig ram 256 vram

well 1 gig from apple, two gig's waiting for it when it arrives.

Don't know why I was so excited over the replacement order. Just always fun to get new stuff. Sorry if that was long and I rambled :)

yah00z

macrumors regular
May 21, 2006
Sure has...

Good luck with the computer.

Let me know just as soon as it arrives, and how it works. What configuration did you get? MB or MBP ?

jsousa

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2006
this is the latest:

Ship date
Jun 23, 2006
Estimated delivery
Jun 28, 2006 10:30 AM
Destination
LIVONIA, MI
Status
Clearance delay

Jun 25, 2006

12:07 PM
Clearance delay
MEMPHIS, TN

10:36 AM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
Package available for clearance

4:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

1:22 AM
Shipment exception
SHANGHAI CN
Delay beyond our control

Jun 23, 2006

2:15 PM
Left origin
SUZHOU CN

10:32 AM
Picked up
SUZHOU CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

8:58 AM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.