Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laplace

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Ok, my fiancee and myself both use my new laptop. What is the best way to set iPhoto and iTunes up so that we both have access to the photos and the music, but also so that she cannot change the music, and if she wants to change the photos then what she changes won't affect the "master list" of pictures, instead just having her new ones/changed ones saved in her home/pictures folder.

I thought I could just go into iTunes and specify the new directory for iTunes store the music in, but after doing so, the music is still under my home directory, not under the shared directory.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks
Chad

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
After you move your iTunes Library folder and get it set up for both users then, from your fiancee's profile, right click on the iTunes Library > Get Info > Ownership & Permissions and set it so that she has read only access as for:

Laplace said:
, but also so that she cannot change the music,
This should make it so she can't delete any of the files. Click on the apply to enclosed items button as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.