Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
UK
Hope this is the correct section!

I'm trying to share my printer between the PC and Mac. The printer is connected to the Mac via USB and I have enabled printer sharing on the Mac. How do I connect to the printer on Windows XP?

Ivan

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Hope this is the correct section!

I'm trying to share my printer between the PC and Mac. The printer is connected to the Mac via USB and I have enabled printer sharing on the Mac. How do I connect to the printer on Windows XP?

Ivan

download Bonjour (found at Apple homepage) to your PC and install it. then it'll find the printer in the LAN for you (from the PC)

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
UK
Hi

thanks for your answer, I downloaded and installed Bonjour and can see the printer on the network. But when I try to print from XP I just get a lot code. Also I noticed in the driver slist that mt model isn't listed :( Look like I'll just plug back into the PC.

Ivan

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
well at least you have to add the printer to the XP in order to print from it.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Hi

thanks for your answer, I downloaded and installed Bonjour and can see the printer on the network. But when I try to print from XP I just get a lot code. Also I noticed in the driver slist that mt model isn't listed :( Look like I'll just plug back into the PC.

Ivan
Your MacOS X Help menu will tell you how to setup the printer for access from Windows.

MacOS X Help Menu said:
If the Windows users install Bonjour for Windows, you can share your printer with them using Bonjour. To share a printer, open the Print & Fax preferences, then click sharing. Select the option to share printers and select the printers you want to share. Use the Bonjour Printer Wizard on the Windows computer to set up to print to your printer.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I use the Apple Color LW 12/660 PS driver on Win 2000.
I have a Canon MP530 attached to my Mac.
This works.
I would like a driver that can use the duplex feature of the printer.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Hi

Ivan

The list of printers displayed in the Bonjour wizard is actually the same list of drivers that are installed and available for your Windows. If you'd just download the drivers for your printer and install them into your PC, you can enter the Bonjour wizard again, install some default Postscript driver to use in the interrim, and them click on the Printer object under control panel, and change the driver to the proper one from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.