Sharing printer between PC and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 3121, Feb 13, 2007.

1. 3121 macrumors member

Hope this is the correct section!

I'm trying to share my printer between the PC and Mac. The printer is connected to the Mac via USB and I have enabled printer sharing on the Mac. How do I connect to the printer on Windows XP?

Ivan

2. phuong macrumors 6502a

download Bonjour (found at Apple homepage) to your PC and install it. then it'll find the printer in the LAN for you (from the PC)

3. 3121 thread starter macrumors member

Hi

thanks for your answer, I downloaded and installed Bonjour and can see the printer on the network. But when I try to print from XP I just get a lot code. Also I noticed in the driver slist that mt model isn't listed :( Look like I'll just plug back into the PC.

Ivan

4. phuong macrumors 6502a

well at least you have to add the printer to the XP in order to print from it.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your MacOS X Help menu will tell you how to setup the printer for access from Windows.

6. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I use the Apple Color LW 12/660 PS driver on Win 2000.
    I have a Canon MP530 attached to my Mac.
    This works.
    I would like a driver that can use the duplex feature of the printer.

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

The list of printers displayed in the Bonjour wizard is actually the same list of drivers that are installed and available for your Windows. If you'd just download the drivers for your printer and install them into your PC, you can enter the Bonjour wizard again, install some default Postscript driver to use in the interrim, and them click on the Printer object under control panel, and change the driver to the proper one from there.