Sherlock??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by harrijh, Oct 24, 2003.

1. harrijh
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I did an update to panther from 10.2.8 and when I opened sherlock, I had nothing. No stocks, no movie listings, nothing. Anybody else have this problem or have a clue on how to fix it. Thanks

2. Makosuke
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

Is your Internet connection working properly? It can't load anything unless it can get a connection working.

If you didn't, you might also try giving it a little while to load stuff--I've noticed it can take a while, and I assume Apple's servers are getting hammered right now so it might take longer than usual. Check the modem/cable modem activity light to see if something's happening if you're using one.

3. harrijh
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on an always on internet connection and I can get to the web so I would guess that my internet connection is OK. I know in the old sherlock it took some time to load individual pages (i.e. stocks, movies, dictionary) but I don't even have links to them anymore. I go to the channels menu and I don't have anything. Thanks for the help!!!

4. Ambrose Chapel
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah i just launched sherlock for the 1st time under panther and nothing. just spinning...internet works fine as i am posting this...

10.3 archive and install, 667G4 PB DVI

5. Ambrose Chapel
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

ok, after a couple hours it starting working normally again. huzzah

6. iEric
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Yea I had to wait like..maybe 15-20 seconds before it started to work. Why dont you just leave it on for a while? Maybe you need to country-lize it? I dont knwo

7. wadunn
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Re: Sherlock??

harrijh
    I have the same problem. Sherlock had no chanels. Connecting to the internet gave me some, but the default set was still empty. Also I noticed that the sherlock bar in the finder (in the upper right hand side of the screen- with the spy glass) was not there.
    I called tech support. I might have to do an install and archive. (I upgraded from 10.1.5).
    You're not alone with this. I'll keep you posted if I'm sucessful.

8. JohnGillilan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

My Sherlock also contains no content. When you choose a channel, the search/spin logo goes for a while -- then the window is blank.