Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Ordered 15" BTO (extra VRAM and 100GB HD) on January 31 at 1:08 PST.
Scheduled to Ship on or before February 7.
Shipped yesterday from Shanghai with an estimated delivery of February 8...I'm in the Bay Area.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
WildCowboy said:
Ordered 15" BTO (extra VRAM and 100GB HD) on January 31 at 1:08 PST.
Scheduled to Ship on or before February 7.
Shipped yesterday from Shanghai with an estimated delivery of February 8...I'm in the Bay Area.

I guess i got Febuary 9th delivery because i am on the east coast (NJ)

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
FEDEX:

Feb 5, 2005

5:05 am
Arrived at FedEx Ramp
SHANGHAI CN

Feb 4, 2005

11:30 pm
Package status
SHANGHAI CN
Package in FedEx location

2:43 pm
Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
Future pickup/delivery requested

Left FedEx Origin Location
SHANGHAI CN

Did yours come from China (the person who received it fairly quickly)?

My date says Feb 9.

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
TheSith said:
FEDEX:

Feb 5, 2005
5:05 am
Arrived at FedEx Ramp
SHANGHAI CN

Feb 4, 2005
11:30 pm
Package status
SHANGHAI CN
Package in FedEx location

Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
Future pickup/delivery requested

Left FedEx Origin Location
SHANGHAI CN

Exactly the same as mine. Looks like our Powerbooks are going to be plane-buddies.

Now when's that flight to Anchorage gonna get off the runway? :cool:

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
TheSith said:
I hope yours does not scratch the box mine is shipped in! :p

Mine will be on that same flight as well. I CAN"T WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

AdmittedPCuser

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
Mine arrived at the Anchorage depot at 1:12pm today. It called and said the weather was fine... a bit cold, but fine. It also scored a spot at the front of the warehouse, so it's out next... Tell your powerbooks to look for mine and it'll get them up towards the front when they get to Anchorage...

yes, I have slight issues...

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
AdmittedPCuser said:
Mine arrived at the Anchorage depot at 1:12pm today. It called and said the weather was fine... a bit cold, but fine. It also scored a spot at the front of the warehouse, so it's out next... Tell your powerbooks to look for mine and it'll get them up towards the front when they get to Anchorage...

yes, I have slight issues...

I fell ya man. But just think that in the next few days we will join the Mac elite! I am just eyeing my wireless router's mac address filter page imagining what it will look like to add my new PB mac adddress under my mom's i book.

sohaness

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
shambolic said:
Exactly the same as mine. Looks like our Powerbooks are going to be plane-buddies.

Now when's that flight to Anchorage gonna get off the runway? :cool:

mine looks the same too!! we got a couple powerbooks in this thread in teh same shipment!

do they halt their operations over the weekend? or will that flight not be taking off till monday?

steve.

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
sohaness said:
mine looks the same too!! we got a couple powerbooks in this thread in teh same shipment!

do they halt their operations over the weekend? or will that flight not be taking off till monday?

steve.

Yes, was wondering that myself.

Took a look around the FedEx site and saw many types of shipping. What exactly were ours shipped under? Do they deliver on Saturdays? Do they manage shipping on weekends?

FedEx is usually fairly prompt so I am wondering if anyone has ordered a PB, had FedEx ship it, track it, and see it come earlier than expected..

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
My delivery date slipped to the 9th, and it looks like it's on the same plane as the others.

ephex

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2004
USA
15" BTO
Ordered: Tuesday, Feb 1, 6:40am
Shippied: Friday, Feb 4
Estimated arrival: Wednesday, Feb 9

Wednesday can't come fast enough!

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
ephex said:
15" BTO
Ordered: Tuesday, Feb 1, 6:40am
Shippied: Friday, Feb 4
Estimated arrival: Wednesday, Feb 9

Wednesday can't come fast enough!

Very true. I will be watching this thread like a hawk even though I may not learn anything.. still very fun to read, lol.

subl1me

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
I bought a 12'' w/ SD,768mb,80gb..first apple too by the way..
heres what ups says...

Rescheduled Delivery: Feb 7, 2005
Shipped to: PHOENIX, AZ, US
Shipped or Billed on: Feb 3, 2005

hmm...im thinking those who live closer to the pacific will get theirs sooner...
unless you did the express shipping..
which apple didnt even ask if i wanted to do when i ordered it on their site..
anyways..i dont care..ill get it when i get it..
our new powerbooks are going to be SICK! :eek:

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
subl1me said:
I bought a 12'' w/ SD,768mb,80gb..first apple too by the way..
heres what ups says...

Rescheduled Delivery: Feb 7, 2005
Shipped to: PHOENIX, AZ, US
Shipped or Billed on: Feb 3, 2005

hmm...im thinking those who live closer to the pacific will get theirs sooner...
unless you did the express shipping..
which apple didnt even ask if i wanted to do when i ordered it on their site..
anyways..i dont care..ill get it when i get it..
our new powerbooks are going to be SICK! :eek:

I'm near Los Angeles... I'm sure that is pretty Pacific enough. Question though - do you have more info on what "happened" on the FedEX site, like I posted above (day by day)?

I'd like to see how long it takes the package to get to Anchorage (or wherever it is going!!)

And question - these can't be picked up on Saturdays, can they?

subl1me

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
TheSith said:
I'm near Los Angeles... I'm sure that is pretty Pacific enough. Question though - do you have more info on what "happened" on the FedEX site, like I posted above (day by day)?

I'd like to see how long it takes the package to get to Anchorage (or wherever it is going!!)

And question - these can't be picked up on Saturdays, can they?

Feb 4, 2005
10:07 P.M. SHANGHAI, CN DEPARTURE SCAN
4:34 P.M. SHANGHAI, CN EXPORT SCAN
1:01 P.M. ANCHORAGE, AK, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Feb 3, 2005
11:43 P.M.
SHANGHAI, CN ORIGIN SCAN
8:38 A.M. CN BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

if you find out how many time zones anchorage is from shanghai you'll figure out how many hours it takes for the plane to make the trip..notice that it looks like it went back in time on the tracking list..anyways i dont think you can pick up on saturdays..it'll probably be flying down from alaska on sat..be in your town by sunday..and im guessing you'll get it on monday..
by the way, is yours being shipped ups or fedex?? mine is UPS..

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
Looks good.

WEll I'm tracking mine on the Fedex website so I can only assume it is shipping FEDEX?

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Mine has not been scanned in at Anchorage yet! I hope it doesn't miss its flight!

ollie

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2004
ordered 04/02/2005 04:42 PM JST
shipping on or before 25/02/2005 (UGH TOO LONG!! at least its a friday..so i will have the whole weekend to play with it!)
• STM SPORTS BACKPACK-INT
• PBG4 15/1.67/SD/CTO (1gbram,128VRAM)

$4001.80AU Including tax ( $350 GST :mad: )
funny though. im getting an educational discount but its even less (more?) than advitised. when i custom build it, it lists the price as $3,348.40 however in my bills and stuff it says $3,044.00 ... not to shabby compared to the un-edu and ... "other"( :confused: ) discounted powerbook. that comes in at $3,804.00 so yeah.... 800$ saving..

:D :D

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
This line was added to my tracking: 11:30 pm

Package status

SHANGHAI CN

It already had that before though.. :confused:

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
TheSith said:
This line was added to my tracking: 11:30 pm

Package status

SHANGHAI CN

It already had that before though.. :confused:

I think that's just FedEx's way of telling us that they didn't do anything today..

Part of me thinks that Wednesday morning looks like an optimistic estimate for delivery, but I've been surprised before. When I ordered my iBook a couple of years ago, it shipped out of Asia (Taiwan in this case) quickly but then got stuck in customs at Anchorage for a couple of days, making an on-time delivery look unlikely. Once released, however, it travelled all the way across North America in less than 24 hours to prove me wrong.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong again this time! :D

n0de

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
Long vaca for my new PB in China.....

Is it just me or does it seem that it is a 24hr trip from the manufacturing location just to the airport?

I'm in Eastern PA and the est delivery date is the 9th, 1 additional day from the posters on the West Coast. Makes sense.

Also what is the deal with the different tracking numbers on the emails sent out and the order status website? The email said it was going to AK...

I am about to wet myself waiting for it. I already rec the 1GB Ram upgrade I ordered (CDW ~$270) and the new bag from timbuk2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.