Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
If my computer left Indiana about 3-4 AM this morning can it be in Florida by tomorrow? That's what my FedEx order still says but I am wondering. My computer will still be ok in all this bad weather right? I mean I know it sounds trite but I really need this computer to be a good one because of all the problems I have had with my PC laptop for three years.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
FedEx express uses planes. (you didnt do Ground or Home Delivery i hope)

if the airports are delayed, FedEx is delayed.

if the airports have cancellation, FedEx can be canceled.

they have a clause for weather related delays, even on first overnight! Though on some things I believe you get a refund, but not a full one.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
Given the weather, you can't be sure, but my experience with FedEx has been pretty good, and normally the delivery time they list on the web is pretty darn accurate. It may depend on what shipping method you chose, since they will make more effort to get an expediated ship there on time than a regular delivery.
I bet it'll arrive in Florida o/n and be on the truck by 7am tomorrow. :)

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Oh, it is express. I totally understand about the delays. I only worry about the condition of the computer in this weather. Do they pack it well?

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Oh, it is express. I totally understand about the delays. I only worry about the condition of the computer in this weather. Do they pack it well?

yes of course.

typically apples boxes are damn sturdy.

and sometimes fedex puts another box around it.

plus, the inside of a plane and warehouse and truck, are relatively safe places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.