Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickzander

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
I was curious to how long it usually takes for a Apple PowerBook to arrive to a U.S. Location. I am from North Dakota and plan on ordering a 15" PowerBook (My first Mac) and upgrading the HD and Memory, which adds to the time until it is shipped. I will get the free shipping, which is up to 5 days before arrival.

My concern is this: Right now I am in college in a Dorm. I plan on moving home for xmas on Dec. 15th. Now, I hope to order the PowerBook either on Thanksgiving or the day after, hopefully not later than the Monday following Thanksgiving(28th).

If I ship it to my Dorm, do you think it will arrive before I move home over xmas break(Dec 15th).

Thanks for the input

patrick zander

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I'd assume they already have a model set up with the specs you want ready to ship. There aren't that many options in a powerbook so I bet they have them ready to go. When I ordered my nano They shipped it the next day (I ordered at night) and it took maybe 4 or 5 days to get to me in WI. They Ship from california. you should be fine.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Usually they ship via Fedex, which typically is quite fast. The site itself will tell you how long it will take to ship -- right now it say BTO powerbooks ship in 2-3 days. So I'd say that if you place your order by the 28th, you should definitely have it by December 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.