Shipping delay - Apple's fault

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maccurdy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. maccurdy macrumors newbie

I ordered a MacBook 2.0GHz on monday afternoon after hearing nothing ground shaking from the keynote. Living in Canada, I was told that the taxes would be applied on my end ( I assumed that meant when I received the order). So I left work on tuesday morning to go to the bank to send off the wire transfer.
    Wednesday afternoon I get an e-mail saying that I am 300.00 short on the wire transfer and they are waiting for it. I call, they tell me the taxes are to be paid ahead of time. They also tell me I can't pay the difference by credit card. I am unhappy about this, because it delays the order and makes me leave work again, so they give me a 100.00 rebate and tell me so long as they get the payment by friday morning then it will be shipped friday afternoon. So I leave work on wednesday afternoon and send off a second wire transfer.
    This afternoon I check the order status and their estimated ship dates are monday for the ipod and tuesday for the macbook. wtf?? :eek: :confused: :mad:
    I paid for the fastest available shipping option. Stupid apple. I'm too excited about getting my first mac to be consoled. Two months ago I bought my first laptop, a dell, and the experience was so horrible that I felt the need to switch platforms altogether. All told I have liked my apple experience, but I'm pissed about the delays.

2. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

How long have you been living in Canada? I have never once heard of paying taxes after you receive the item (from anything retail related.) No one does that... it would be awful business sense.

edit: you're lucky that you got a rebate for $100 when it was your mistake

3. maccurdy thread starter macrumors newbie

well, I have been living in Canada for all of my 24 and 3/4 lifetime. Taxes are often handled as duty, which are taken care of by the delivery company. Secondly, I was e-mailed the total by the person who sold me the mac over the phone which I was to take to the bank and use for the wire transfer. Which is what I did..

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Agreed!

OP: Pay the tax AFTER getting the item? That sounds simply crazy and I also have NEVER heard of this. I'm amazed that because YOU kinda made a boo boo, Apple offered a $100 rebate to calm you down. That was nice of them and you should consider yourself lucky! Stop whining!