Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sttesuhc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see the new iBooks and make a purchase, but I thought I'd raise the question of availability. Presuming the update is merely a speed bump, wouldn't we expect the new iBooks to ship right away? But, if we're looking at a new form factor or a more substantial update, what do you think the chances are that shipping times run in the 2-4 week area (or longer)? :confused:

I would assume since these updates appear to be standalone (not connected with a major expo or event) that Apple won't announce the product until they have adequate stock to deliver. They would look stupid otherwise, right? Has that stopped them in the past?

I'm hoping the have the iBook in my hands by mid-August when classes start at college. I think thousands of people are thinking the same. Will supply meet demand?

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
Sttesuhc said:
Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see the new iBooks and make a purchase, but I thought I'd raise the question of availability. Presuming the update is merely a speed bump, wouldn't we expect the new iBooks to ship right away? But, if we're looking at a new form factor or a more substantial update, what do you think the chances are that shipping times run in the 2-4 week area (or longer)? :confused:

I would assume since these updates appear to be standalone (not connected with a major expo or event) that Apple won't announce the product until they have adequate stock to deliver. They would look stupid otherwise, right? Has that stopped them in the past?
I guess they have already created quite a stock of those.. They wouldn't release anything if people wouldn't be able to buy those items right away. I assume they've spent last 1-2 months selling old models away & creating new ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.