Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Without having to double tap on the home button, what is the short cut to get to the app switcher?

Thanks.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, that is essentially the shortcut. For 3D Touch devices there's also a force press and/or slide from left to right gesture that will do it as I recall. And there's likely an Assistive Touch option that can be used for it too.

Last edited:

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
You can use Assistive Touch to simulate hardware keys that don't work, it might serve your purpose.
If you have an iPad, you can swipe up with four fingers.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Without having to double tap on the home button, what is the short cut to get to the app switcher?

Thanks.

There is no shortcut. either double tap the home button or add a virtual home button to your screen using the accessibility option.

JMarkNY

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2016
New York
It depends which device you're using. I believe if you have a 6S, you can do it by pressing into the left edge as the previous poster suggested otherwise double tapping really IS the shortcut.

SunnySharma__

Cancelled
Dec 16, 2015
To me, the most easiest of the alternatives is to enable assistive touch, customise it and remove all the options except for the home button. This way it behaves the way as the physical home button and you dont have to do more than one tap on assistive touch to perform the same actions.

Reactions: Goatllama
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.