Should I get MS OFFICE now or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cheap-Chopstix, Mar 27, 2004.

  1. Cheap-Chopstix macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2003
    Location:
    in a tree
    #1
    I just got a 12inch powerbook and was wondering if I should get the MS office for mac now or wait till the new one comes out. What new features are gonna come out ? Will it be worth waiting for. I can get office for real cheap. (I work for an ms software reseller). And when is the new one expected to be out by? If its gonna be closer to christmas then i'll definate buy now regardless.
     
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

    Duff-Man

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    Albuquerque, NM
    #2
    Duff-Man says....They have not announced a release date yet...but they have announced a "Technology Guarantee program" where if you buy now you'll get the new version free later....so I would say that if you are getting a really good deal, and you've checked the qualifications for the free upgrade just to be sure you are covered, you may as well buy now.....oh yeah!
     
  3. MisterMe macrumors G4

    MisterMe

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2002
    Location:
    USA
    #3
    The very fact that you asked the question means that you don't really need it. In that case, don't buy it.
     
  4. joeyjojoe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #4
    if what Duff-Man says is correct, then you can't go wrong with buying it now since you'll get Office 2004 for free when it comes out.

    OR if you really don't need Office like MisterMe is implying, then you won't need to buy it at any point in time and you wouldn't have been posting this thread unless you like wasting your own time posting meaningless threads (my only point for this circumlocutious statement is to point out that posting here means you DO need it, not that you DON'T need it).
     
  5. realityisterror macrumors 65816

    realityisterror

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2003
    Location:
    Snellville, GA
    #5
    he didn't say that he didn't need it...
    he wanted to know if he should buy now or wait, that's all...

    so as duff-man says, e-mail M$, hope they respond, and find out if you qualify for the upgrade by taking that route. my guess is yes, but it's good to be sure...

    good luck,
    reality
     
  6. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

    Savage Henry

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2004
    Location:
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    #6
    I'm buying now and then getting the free one later.

    My money is on an early August for the 2004 suite release in time for next academic year.
     

Share This Page