Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheap-Chopstix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
in a tree
I just got a 12inch powerbook and was wondering if I should get the MS office for mac now or wait till the new one comes out. What new features are gonna come out ? Will it be worth waiting for. I can get office for real cheap. (I work for an ms software reseller). And when is the new one expected to be out by? If its gonna be closer to christmas then i'll definate buy now regardless.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....They have not announced a release date yet...but they have announced a "Technology Guarantee program" where if you buy now you'll get the new version free later....so I would say that if you are getting a really good deal, and you've checked the qualifications for the free upgrade just to be sure you are covered, you may as well buy now.....oh yeah!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Cheap-Chopstix said:
I just got a 12inch powerbook and was wondering if I should get the MS office for mac now or wait till the new one comes out. What new features are gonna come out ? Will it be worth waiting for. I can get office for real cheap. (I work for an ms software reseller). And when is the new one expected to be out by? If its gonna be closer to christmas then i'll definate buy now regardless.
The very fact that you asked the question means that you don't really need it. In that case, don't buy it.

joeyjojoe

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
if what Duff-Man says is correct, then you can't go wrong with buying it now since you'll get Office 2004 for free when it comes out.

OR if you really don't need Office like MisterMe is implying, then you won't need to buy it at any point in time and you wouldn't have been posting this thread unless you like wasting your own time posting meaningless threads (my only point for this circumlocutious statement is to point out that posting here means you DO need it, not that you DON'T need it).

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
MisterMe said:
The very fact that you asked the question means that you don't really need it. In that case, don't buy it.

he didn't say that he didn't need it...
he wanted to know if he should buy now or wait, that's all...

so as duff-man says, e-mail M$, hope they respond, and find out if you qualify for the upgrade by taking that route. my guess is yes, but it's good to be sure...

good luck,
reality

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.