1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

should i return? UPDATED: credit given

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bc008, Feb 27, 2008.

1. macrumors 68000

bc008

should i return my blackbook? it is in the 14 day restocking period, and i was wondering:

would i notice a large difference between 2.2 to 2.4? that is the only reason i would return, as HD and RAM are swappable.

should i return and get one of those tasty looking 2.2 MBP refurbs?

2. macrumors regular

I personally dont think a .2ghz upgrade is worth a couple hundred dollar restocking fee.

I won't be returning mine that i got about a week ago.

3. macrumors 68000

bc008

if i were to return i would buy one of these machines:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i would like to eventually install windows on it for some gaming, and i dont really need that big of a hard drive, but extra storage is always nice.

this machine would really need to last a long time (7 years, 3.5 at least)
    it has to get me through high school and possibly college (i know i know, i can hope)

extra screen space is nice, and i would like the idea of a sturdier case (aluminum) and what is not to love about that backlit keyboard?

4. macrumors newbie

Yes - Return

I just returned my white MB to my local Apple store and was not charged any Restocking fee. I purchased the middle config. MB on 2/16/08. They offered me either the upgraded model (+1GB, +200Mhz, +40GB) for the same price and no restock fee or $150 cash back. I took the upgraded model instead of the cash back. I did buy a remote for $19.99 but it was a small price to pay for doubling my RAM and adding 40GB to my HDD.

Steve

5. macrumors 68000

bc008

well, ive thought long and hard, and im not going to return.

thanks for all the help though! i really dont have to money to pay for 150 dollar restocking fee right now, let alone 150 more for a mbp..

it is still a very powerfull machine, and i am very happy with it, so why change?

6. macrumors regular

kamm

Most likely restocking fee will be waived if you walk into an Apple Store and you're within 14 days like mine was. It's up to the manager but I think the Penryn core, +200Mhz, +90GB and +1GB worth a try...

7. macrumors newbie

See my post above, I did not have to pay a restocking fee.

8. macrumors member

I would kindly remind them there's a significant price reduction in 14 day period. They'll be more than happy to give you a decent credit. Either to accept or not is up to you.

9. macrumors 68000

bc008

i called apple, and they gave me 2 choices:

1. send in, restocking fee free

2. get a $300 dollar credit sent to the credit card we used

seeing as i dont want to be without my macbook, i went with the credit!
    thanks for getting me to call!