Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I'm going to be selling my extra iPhone. Should I unlock it before selling, to make more $$$?

Question though, I won't have anyway to test the unlock with ZiPhone. Will it be pretty straightforward, and I'll know, if it was indeed unlocked? Once it is, all they'll have to do is put in sim card from T-Mobile or whatever, and it will work? They don't have to connect it to ziphone themselves or anything?

If that is the case, I guess putting in my AT&T sim from my phone, for a few minutes, if it lets it be used would be another good test huh, since iPhones normally require iTunes to activate?

Thanks.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Yea i would unlock it!

Might as well as the person who buys it will have to unlock cause of time limit for activation (if im right in thinking that)!

Hope that helps

mchank

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
I believe Ziphone has slighty different procedures for unlocking depending if you're on an authorized carrier or not. Make sure you read through the instructions carefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.