iPad Should I update to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chargr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 16, 2012
    I haven't updated, not sure if its worth it, so far I'm on 5.1, is it a good idea to update? Does it make the iPad smoother or anything?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2012
    Ios 6 has far less negative effects on Ipad than on Iphone or Ipod touch.

Other than new features, it didn't do any harm to my Ipad 2.
  3. macrumors 68020

Oct 15, 2008
    Works great on all my devices.

No idea why you'd be so suspicious or worried about upgrading.

It's not like going from Windows 98 to Vista.

And if anything goes wrong with your device, the first thing Apple will ask is that you upgrade to the latest software.
  4. macrumors 68040

May 15, 2007
    I asked the same questions as the OP. I didn't want to upgrade from iOS 5.1.1 because of all that I read regarding Maps, YouTube, battery life, bugs and sluggishness.

I did the update on my iPad 2 but kept my iPad 3 on iOS 5 just in case. And so far so good, no issues and battery life actually seems better for me with iOS 6.0.1 than with iOS 5.

The one thing I did was a hardware reset after the OS upgrade. Everything has been running great so far. I had Safari crash once on iOS 6 but can't say if was because of the new OS.
  5. macrumors 68040

Jul 18, 2011
    IOS6 worked fine on my ipad.

Only thing is that I don't really see the point. IOS6 doesn't really bring any new features to the ipad (save for siri and facetime over 3G on ipad3 and improved safari). Maps actually becomes worse. So I am not really any worse or better off updating. :p
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2010
    I wouldn't do it. You can also jailbreak your iPad on 5.1.1 and make it way better with tweaks :)
  7. macrumors member

Oct 22, 2012
    wouldnt do it either, on my ipad 3 and 4 it suffers from slower performance , stutters in safari sometimes. The three was fine on 5.1 :)
  8. VFC
    macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2012
    SE PA.
  9. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks everyone, looks like I'm going to stay put.
    Ill check it out, any good tutorials for it?
  10. macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2012
    I've noticed no changes in performance since I updated. Unless you need to jailbreak it just update.