Hey, I'm new to the mac world and I would like to purchase and ibook. I was planning on buying: 12 inch ibook Memory: 512 mb Hard Drive: 60 gb Airport Extreme Card Apple Care Combo drive I also plan on using the cram and jam in addition to my educational discount, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the new model, if there will be one. What does everyone think? I can certainly wait, but do you think the wait will be worth it? I plan on using the ibook to write, as I'm a writer, also use the imovie feature to edit some films I've made over the yrs, play the occasional game and watch the occasional movie. I'm 17 so I still have another yr till college but my brother is currently in law school so I figured I'd loan it to him when he needed it for school (he's also buying it for me as a gift). We currently share a dell desktop which is in his room, so to get a laptop would not only be great for me (I can write whereever, whenever, go online around my house..itll be great) but for him as well, he can have his room to himself. So thats my story, any advice will be greatly appreciated!