Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Okay, so I was planning on waiting for a Merom MacBook Pro, hopefully 13.3 inch, or 12 inch.

However, with Intel pushing it's release dates forward, and the computer I have now serving me very nicely, would it be wise to wait fo Penryn? Will it be a huge difference because it's 45nm?

The truth is, the computer I have now do everything I need to do, and I am in no hurry whatsoever. However, if it's not a big diff, I would just buy a Merom MacBook Pro in September/October.

Thanks

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
macgeek2005 said:
Okay, so I was planning on waiting for a Merom MacBook Pro, hopefully 13.3 inch, or 12 inch.

However, with Intel pushing it's release dates forward, and the computer I have now serving me very nicely, would it be wise to wait fo Penryn? Will it be a huge difference because it's 45nm?

The truth is, the computer I have now do everything I need to do, and I am in no hurry whatsoever. However, if it's not a big diff, I would just buy a Merom MacBook Pro in September/October.

Thanks

I think you should wait until the Powerbook G5...I heard that Duke Nukem Forever is going to rock on it....

Seriously though, if your current computer does everything you need and want, I don't see a point of upgrading yet. Once you do need something, pickup whatever suits your needs at that time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.