Should I wait for Penryn?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macgeek2005, May 7, 2006.

  1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    #1
    Okay, so I was planning on waiting for a Merom MacBook Pro, hopefully 13.3 inch, or 12 inch.

    However, with Intel pushing it's release dates forward, and the computer I have now serving me very nicely, would it be wise to wait fo Penryn? Will it be a huge difference because it's 45nm?

    The truth is, the computer I have now do everything I need to do, and I am in no hurry whatsoever. However, if it's not a big diff, I would just buy a Merom MacBook Pro in September/October.

    Thanks
     
  2. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

    mmmcheese

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2006
    #2
    I think you should wait until the Powerbook G5...I heard that Duke Nukem Forever is going to rock on it....

    Seriously though, if your current computer does everything you need and want, I don't see a point of upgrading yet. Once you do need something, pickup whatever suits your needs at that time.
     

Share This Page