Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tn9design

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Texas
Do you feel that 62 cm isn't enough at times? No problem with the legs not handling the weight? My desk is 80 cm, but thinking of exchanging it for a wooden countertop instead, perhaps the Numerär from IKEA.

The product depth is 65cm and I feel as though I have more than enough room for my needs. As you can see from this photo, there is more than enough room depth-wise for a keyboard, mouse and even a notebook or something if you work with paper.

topview.png

Daginator

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
The product depth is 65cm and I feel as though I have more than enough room for my needs. As you can see from this photo, there is more than enough room depth-wise for a keyboard, mouse and even a notebook or something if you work with paper.

Love the desk like I said. Thinking about going to Ikea any day now just to see it. I'm going to university this fall, I think I will place the display a little bit to the left and have a clean area for papers and whatnot to the right.

Is the Eames chair authentic?

tn9design

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Texas
Is the Eames chair authentic?

Ha! No, Good eye though. When I bought it a 2 or 3 years ago I didn't have any idea what an Eames chair was. I had seen the style in a tv show or movie and hunted it down. Found this one online somewhere for $200

That being said it's been a great chair and actually very comfortable considering I spend at least 8 hours a day in it.

I am fairly certain the real version of this chair costs considerably more but for now I am really happy with it so I don't think I would upgrade anytime soon.

Daginator

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
Ha! No, Good eye though. When I bought it a 2 or 3 years ago I didn't have any idea what an Eames chair was. I had seen the style in a tv show or movie and hunted it down. Found this one online somewhere for $200

That being said it's been a great chair and actually very comfortable considering I spend at least 8 hours a day in it.

I am fairly certain the real version of this chair costs considerably more but for now I am really happy with it so I don't think I would upgrade anytime soon.

Yeah they cost a couple of thousands. Original color is black. They appear in all kind of movies and series, the true desk chair!

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States

Any chance of possibly sharing a link of where you got it? I've been looking everywhere for a nice quality replica of this chair..

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
A question for those with multiple Thunderbolt/Cinema display setup: If you start a caming-session on MSN/Skype/Whatever, how will it know which display to use the cam from? :)

jameswdmb

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
Mine defaults to Thunderbolt display when it is connected automatically, but it is possible to select camera to use in system preferences.

fpsBeaTt

Suspended
Apr 18, 2010
picture.php

Need a new desk, going for a corner-solution. Anyone have any suggestions (in Australia)?

Last edited:

Lastmboy

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
I finally get to post my own. I've been looking at all of yours for weeks, going insane waiting for a new iMac to show up. It turns out that I found a slightly used, fully upgraded 27" iMac for the right price. I tried it with two 24" monitors for a while, but didn't like the resolution differences, so picked up a refurb 27" Thunderbolt display. Here's the result:

My Dream Machine

Specs:
27" iMac 3.4ghz I7 with 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD, 2 TB internal (bootcamp)
27" Thunderbolt Display
Promise Pegasus R6 12TB Thunderbolt RAID 5 (my data drive)
Mediasonic Proraid HFR2-SU3S2FW 12TB FW800 RAID 5 (for Time Machine)
NewerTechnology Voyager HD dock (USB)
CyberPower 1500PFCLCD (sinewave) UPS
ScanSnap S1500M scanner
D-Link 8 port powered USB hub
Pioneer external blu-ray writer
Logitech Z5500 speakers (digital optical connection)

The one thing I am a bit disappointed with is that the cables for the Mediasonic are too short to run around the back, so I had to come over the front with them. Alternatively, I guess I could place the whole unit behind the display, but I kinda (for now) like it up where I can see all the flashing lights and know what's going on. It's only Firewire 800, which isn't in the same universe as the Thunderbolt Pegasus unit, but it works good for Time Machine.

Lastmboy

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Two TBD + iMac would look awesome there. :rolleyes: Great setup.

It has crossed my mind :rolleyes: This is as close as I got to that (before I got the Thunderbolt display). The 27" iMac with two 24" MVA Benq monitors. It looks pretty cool, but I find the two 27" displays a lot more useful. Mind you, if they come out with a new Thunderbolt display that has USB 3.0 ports in it, maybe that can be enough of an excuse to get a third one :D

img1395n.jpg

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/

ken-guru

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2012
I finally get to post my own. I've been looking at all of yours for weeks, going insane waiting for a new iMac to show up. It turns out that I found a slightly used, fully upgraded 27" iMac for the right price. I tried it with two 24" monitors for a while, but didn't like the resolution differences, so picked up a refurb 27" Thunderbolt display. Here's the result:

My Dream Machine

Nice setup.

May I ask where is the background from?

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
this is my setup

IMAG0069.jpg

1 24" samsung monitor connected to my custom build pc,
my ipad 2
my iphone 4s
my early 2011 macbook pro 15"
my 27" Thunderbolt display
and my mac mini server currently connected to no screen.

CompFinance

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Thunderbolt Displays Configuration

Two Thunderbolt displays configuration with 17" Macbook Pro

Attachments

• IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 595
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 716

CompFinance

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
You just made me drool !!

WINNER ! :D

Thanks dude, I really love my config. Work most of the time from home using technical computing languages R and Matlab. Having multi-screen config with a notebook is a really amazing idea, worths the bucks paid for it! :)

----------

care to link the background on the macbook?

Actually wanted to but unfortunately not. For the Macbook Screen I just used a ver cool pic from modern Paris - La Défense from Internet. Next time I go to a cool place will try to get a pic. wide enough that fits in all my screens.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.