Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Is it a Midori/Travelers Company genuine? I have been using a Travelers Notebook in Passport size for years and just ordered the upgraded standard size. Beautiful.
Yes, it's the black one from Travelers Company.
I have the standard size as well, using it mainly as a daily journal / Commonplace Notebook.
Enjoy yours !

Reactions: ThailandToo

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
Here is mine, Ettinger Capra, cost me £200. Wanted a Hermes one but not dropping 500 sheets on a wallet, 200 is already enough
27EAFDF9-1FC1-4D32-9137-7C09C49DD12F.jpeg

Reactions: rhett7660

Kirkster

Contributor
Jan 19, 2004
I got a Storus “Smart Money Clip” in the early 2000s. Probably around 2001 or 2002 when I had a some back pain issues and the doctor asked to look at my wallet. It was that typical leather wallet that was 2 inches thick stuffed with receipts, too many cards, some cash and other things that accumulate. He told me that sitting on that would exacerbate my back issues in the long run. A coworker turned me onto the smart money clip. Have not looked back. Light and just enough capacity for cards. Same one all these years later.

EA19F0D8-7EE5-438F-A0D1-37330ECD110B.jpeg

40ED0B8F-875E-43E9-8EDA-3D846098AE6A.jpeg

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I use two regularly. (Pictured with cards that don't have actual personally identifiable information, not the real cards I carry with me.)

ESR HaloLock "Vegan" Leather MagSafe wallet/stand for absolute minimalist (while traveling, going to events I want just my phone in my pocket and that's it.) With one ID, one credit card (my business expense card,) and one ATM card (personal.) I carry minimal cash when traveling (Start with two $20s, unless I know for a fact I'll need more, then I just get actual higher-denomination bills to start with,) so it gets stuffed in the middle or even between phone and wallet. (One bill folded in half in between, it's still a stronger attachment than the official Apple MagSafe wallet, which I owned for about a week and gave up on.)

IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1104.JPG
(Can act as phone stand in either orientation, thanks MagSafe!)

Refyne CC1 is my usual carry. It has a multitool and a small "tooth"pick in its outermost slot. Two more multi-card slots on one side, I keep three ID cards, four credit/debit cards (same as above, plus personal credit and personal HSA debit cards,) back side contains two multi-card pockets that contain my work RFID badge card, my car's RFID "key"card, plus a variety of membership type cards that can't be loaded into Apple Wallet yet. (Right now there's a library card, a local chain "membership warehouse" membership card, and two "frequent buyer punch cards", and an organization membership card that is good for discounts at a variety of stores.) Center between the two sides is room for cash folded in half. This one when empty is about the same thickness as the above, but I have it rather overstuffed, and it doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart any time soon. Even completely full, (with 15 bills the center at the moment,) it's only about 20mm, just under 1" thick.
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG IMG_1101.JPG IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1098.JPG

I used to carry a conventional bifold wallet, but I would end up getting that thing *PACKED* full of every conceivable card I could ever carry. I managed to overstuff two so badly they broke; so a few years ago I decided to go minimalist. Have only been "aw, shoot, where was *THAT* card?" a couple times, and rarer newer now that most cards are supported in Apple Wallet.

Two of my cars have "phone as a key", and my house has smart locks, so I don't generally carry a keychain. I carry my phone in my front right pocket, my wallet (when using the Refyne) in my front left. (Harder to pickpocket.) And that's it. One or two rectangular slabs in front pockets.

PKIDelirium

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2020
IMG_0186.jpeg

I’ve had this for almost 20 years now. Cost $25 or so at a leather product vendor at the Ohio State Fair. Basic trifold, genuine leather, holds all I need it to, and sturdy. Nothing fancy, it just works.

Edit to update: The card that came with it is "Green Mountain Leather" with a $14.95 price sticker and a URL that doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.