Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m4r71n1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I just got my Imac... i got a 400 buck discount because of the new one that just came out today but anyway. I'm transfering files onto my mac via the shuffle and i have some of my songs and stuff on it's one gig memory and needa move them but whenever i plug in the shuffle the mac automatically goes to itunes. Cant i just get the files some other way?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
You'll need a third party application to download the files off the shuffle (unless you just dragged them onto the shuffle outside of iTunes). I use Senuti, and it works great. A quick search will find it.

m4r71n1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I don't know where?

I don't know where the ipod shuffle is. I dragged and dropped on my PC but now i simply cannot find the files.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
m4r71n1 said:
I don't know where the ipod shuffle is. I dragged and dropped on my PC but now i simply cannot find the files.
Have you gone into iTunes, and checked off in the iPod/Shuffle area to use some of the space as just plain storage. That is how you are going to have to transfer the files, by using the shuffle not in iTunes, but as a little disk drive in the Finder and Windows Explorer. You can tell iTunes not to open up when the iPod or Shuffle is connected in this same area. If you have a network cable, crossover or normal, you can hook your Mac and PC directly, and share a folder on your PC and use the Finder to go get files from it. Its sometimes a little tricky, but you will be able to transfer files faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.