Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
Ok, im on Google video searching for something on the iMac and I stumbled on smashsomestuff.com. Needless to say, I left my Powerbook for the toilet after seeing their iBook video.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I have too much testosterone, no girlfriend, too much free time, and too much money to spend on electronics!!!

What should I do?!?

I know!

BREAK STUFF....HOOAH!!!!!!!! LOOK AT HOW MANLY WE ARE

That's the impression I get from that site. :rolleyes:

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
I'm ashamed to be an American.

I also wish that can of WD-40 had exploded in his face and maimed him for life...

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
USA
Looks like the people in the forums are your run-of-the-mill uninformed diehard PC users. I also see a new trend when it comes to Mac vs. PC debates, most Mac users tend to be more humble and calm ("Macs have an advantage over Windows") in their arguments where as PC users are more violent (Macs %$@#ing sucks)

#%^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went on to the site, it looks like something much worse is targeted. Im not going to say what it is (yeah, it's that bad).

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Ah damn, I thought it was gonna be videos of Chuck Norris kicking a$s. :(

Too bad there's so much Apple stuff being smashed. It would be great if someone made a video of a big guy smashing the guys in these videos......in the face.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
You guys are taking this all to seriously.

These guys are obviously very imature and have nothing better to do.

Don't let it get under your skin.

On a side note, it's too bad they just don't sell cheaply or give away old equipment to someone who would love to have it.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
It says on their site that they have ordered an vintage Apple II, and that it will be smashed, of course.

*shudders*

They are simply ignorant adolescents, with nothing better to do. I feel sorry for them, I really do.

Dreamkatcha

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2003
Manchester, England
It would be nice to think this mentality is limited to pre-pubesent spoilt brats, but you only have to watch a few episodes of http://www.dl.tv to see 'adults' frothing at the mouth over smashing stuff too.

If a piece of technology is more than five minutes old it's fair game. When the presenters are not talking about, or actually smashing stuff up, they're slinging expensive hardware about as though it's an empty cereal box destined for the rubbish bin.

The kids have no respect for the hardware they smash because their parents paid for it, and Beavis and Butthead (Patrick and Robert) have no respect for the stuff they smash because Ziff Davis paid for it.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Dreamkatcha said:
The kids have no respect for the hardware they smash because their parents paid for it
Yeah, probably not near as much fun when they have to pay for it themselves.

This dips are asking for donations. And according to their site, people pay them to do this or donate the item.

Whatever...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
hey, smashing stuff IS fun, mature no, pointless yes, but it is FUN. It's just some kids messing around, cut them a break, can you honestly say you didn't do anything as a teenager that made adults cringe?

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
The future of our planet will be left to kids like these...yea! Quite a creative use of time. :rolleyes: I suppose I did plenty of things that sickened adults as a kid, but not near as fun as breaking home electronics! I did geeky things like making dangerous bike ramps, skating and skateboarding down steep hills and goofing off doing things that often caused me and my friends bodily harm. I'd always heard from my parents that breaking stuff was just a good way to get in trouble, especially if the stuff I was breaking was something of value. If I did break something, I usually paid for it in some way.

I'm sure that these kids will somehow develop a sense of right and wrong, maybe even the value of money, before they start smashing other people's stuff! Wait...maybe I should've taken the time to read about who owned the stuff they're smashing.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Chappers said:
Ah yes the unpopular kids at school trying real hard to gain some street cred ..... and failing.

Roger that. This is just a bunch of rich faggots trying to be punk rawk.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
more like pointless and moronic than sickening. but yeah, society in general is always going further down the drain. right?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Or, keep the stuff and replace it with dud hardware. make a very convincing fake. spend a bit on it, maybe buy a non-working iBook and smash that instead? At least then he could keep that, but if he has yet to learn of computer enlightenment he could at least flog it on eBay!

Stupid.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I just watched more and I decided that these kids should have been constantly abused from birth. They are trying to pull off this jackass type material (which isn't funny either) and they're failing miserably.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Well, I thought it was pretty funny, myself. If that makes me just as "bad" as these kids, I'll eventually come to terms with it. :rolleyes:

Honestly, though, of course there are better things they could be doing with the hardware they choose to smash, but you can't take it so seriously. They are just having stupid fun. To whoever said they felt bad for these kids, I feel bad for you if you can't understand stupid fun - it can be quite exhilarating! :D

But I could never smash an iBook! Those heartless bastards!

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
scary how much they raise!

They have pic of the people doing it 1) they are young! 2) there parnets need to watch these kids 3) they need a vidoe of one, because it could all be broken goods, or photoshoped

4) those kids are ugly!

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
zap2 said:
scary how much they raise!

They have pic of the people doing it 1) they are young! 2) there parnets need to watch these kids 3) they need a vidoe of one, because it could all be broken goods, or photoshoped

4) those kids are ugly!
ditto all of that!

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Oh, my God. That iBook video is HORRIBLE. But it lends a very good word to Apple. It didn't look like they did diddly squat to it with the bat after they threw it off the shed, until they slammed it with an icepick. Thank you, Apple, for using polycarbonate;). Even after the one guy took it off the icepick with the bat and the iBook's display was separated from the rest of it, they didn't do much to it. But I didn't watch all of it. Too painful to watch. I would have gladly taken that iBook off their hands for them, but they go throwing it off of a shed. Pitiful.

Edit: I watched more of the iBook video, the first few seconds of the iMac video, and then I watched the iBook @ the Apple Store video. I want to know what the he** is wrong with those kids. If I were 'Mr. Ben', when that kid snapped the display back, I would have grabbed it and ran. That's all there is to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.