Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BurntOrangeMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
So after being so excited all day that my apple TV was arriving, i get this on the tracking info:

Customer not available or business closed - Signature required

UGH!

Am I the only one who didn't know I needed to pre sign, or was this just a fluke that my driver screwed up on?

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm pretty sure all orders through Apple need a signature. So you would have to presign for it if you weren't going to be home. Not too big a deal, just go pick it up tomorrow.

Toddgabweg

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2007
PA
I have my pre-signed paper already taped to my door even though my delivery date is not until Oct. 5th.... I am glad Apple gives the option to do a pre-sign because I was thinking I needed to call off work...

sullipilot

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
Middlebury, CT
So after being so excited all day that my apple TV was arriving, i get this on the tracking info:

UGH!

Am I the only one who didn't know I needed to pre sign, or was this just a fluke that my driver screwed up on?

If you go onto the tracking info you can click hold at fedex location so maybe you can do that and pick it up sometime tonight. It could be worth a shot. Especially if its close.
Sully

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

UGH!

They always needed a signature for everything I've ordered. They will come again, just make sure to leave a note with the tracking number on it, asking them to leave it on your property.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
They always needed a signature for everything I've ordered. They will come again, just make sure to leave a note with the tracking number on it, asking them to leave it on your property.

This is a great option to try. I had some DMB tickets to pick up and saw that they would be at the FedEx station the next day, so I went there and they were able to keep the package off the truck so I could just pick them up. Worth a try to call or visit.

BurntOrangeMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I think I will just be patient and put the paper on the door tomorrow.

Just a bit of a let down since I was ready to play with it tonight, guess it will be just as fun tomorrow night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.