Signature Required?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BurntOrangeMac, Sep 29, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

So after being so excited all day that my apple TV was arriving, i get this on the tracking info:

Customer not available or business closed - Signature required

UGH!

Am I the only one who didn't know I needed to pre sign, or was this just a fluke that my driver screwed up on?

2. macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure all orders through Apple need a signature. So you would have to presign for it if you weren't going to be home. Not too big a deal, just go pick it up tomorrow.

3. macrumors member

Toddgabweg

I have my pre-signed paper already taped to my door even though my delivery date is not until Oct. 5th.... I am glad Apple gives the option to do a pre-sign because I was thinking I needed to call off work...

4. macrumors newbie

If you go onto the tracking info you can click hold at fedex location so maybe you can do that and pick it up sometime tonight. It could be worth a shot. Especially if its close.
    Sully

5. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

They always needed a signature for everything I've ordered. They will come again, just make sure to leave a note with the tracking number on it, asking them to leave it on your property.

6. macrumors 68000

bobr1952

This is a great option to try. I had some DMB tickets to pick up and saw that they would be at the FedEx station the next day, so I went there and they were able to keep the package off the truck so I could just pick them up. Worth a try to call or visit.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I think I will just be patient and put the paper on the door tomorrow.

Just a bit of a let down since I was ready to play with it tonight, guess it will be just as fun tomorrow night.