Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
4 Accounts using Family Sharing. 2 of them had individual Apple Music plans. (3 of the 4 accounts use a separate ID for purchases & media but that has never been an issue. The family sharing shows this properly.)

Upon signing up for Apple One Premier, everything works fine and is sharing appropriately except for music.

Under settings, both phones with individual music plans didn't have their plan replaced/refunded as I've seen happen to other people on the forums. Instead I had to go in and manually cancel them. After doing so, they are still technically using their individual plans until they expire.

Apple Music is not listed as one of the items "shared with your family" , but Apple TV, arcade, news+, iCloud storage are.

Would you wait until both these plans expire to see if the issue resolves on its own, or contact Apple Support? One expires in a few weeks, the other in January.

iFan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
See this in the confirmation email - perhaps this is why?

*Services for which you already have a paid subscription or free trial are not included in your Apple One trial. Your subscription includes iCloud storage

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
I got billed again for Apple Music a few days after I started the Apple One Premier free trial. I should not have had to read the fine print to see that Apple would contradict the advertisement. That’s also known as bait and switch, nickel and dime, used car salesmanship.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.