Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
anyway i can get past it cuz i cant do anything like use it as a mp3 player etc it just has a popup with the plug and itunes in the background

and slide for emergency etc

i can take pic if needed but cant get past slide without popping a emergency etc then it goes back

1210071723.jpg

that pic is right right

what do i do

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I don't understand what you are asking.

Are you asking why the phone won't do anything other than ask you to activate?

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
no i want to know how to do it so i can use it as a ipod touch etc everything but phone its noted as a sticky but im stuck at 1.1.2 or is there anything else i can do besides buy a plan for this phone

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
well you have to activate it did you downgrade and install the oktoprep if you didnt go to i.unlock.no i think they should tell you how to do everything to get it working

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
no i received it from a friend notjailbreaked yet but prolly updated

i cant connect to itunes cuz no sim card either but i can restore when i go to 1.1.1 when restoring [shift] i get error 1015 should i try 1.0.2 or sumthin

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
The process of getting the iPhone so that you can use all the features (except the phone service) is called jailbreaking. You first need to find out what firmware version your phone has before you can continue. Assuming you have a new, unaltered iPhone, it probably has firmware version 1.1.2. There are many tutorials on how to accomplish the jailbreak posted on the internet.

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
The process of getting the iPhone so that you can use all the features (except the phone service) is called jailbreaking. You first need to find out what firmware version your phone has before you can continue. Assuming you have a new, unaltered iPhone, it probably has firmware version 1.1.2. There are many tutorials on how to accomplish the jailbreak posted on the internet.

i cant even bring it down to 1.1.1 i know how to jailbreak i own a touch i just catn get past the slide to unlock screen i get a emergency keypad lock etc

when i try to downgrade i get errors every time

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Ok, well most of the jailbreak tutorials will cover how to get past the activation screen. The error after downgrading a 1.1.2 phone to 1.1.1 is normal. Anyways, here you go (I copied this from Hackint0sh):

1. Enter *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# , now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact list. And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call" slide, then enter 0 , press call, press hold, press decline.

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in "prefs://1F" as web-address and "http://jailbreakme.com" as an additional URL.

4. When you tap "prefs://1F" you can now select your favorite WiFi gateway.

5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad.

6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts, then hit the "http://jailbreakme.com" web address you typed in.

7. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will exit and you'll return to your springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot (BE PATIENT). You are now jailbroken. and are able to use Installer.app.

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
in the begginning when i call am i suppose to get the popup error doing request no sim card?

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I highly suggest reading up on the jailbreak process before proceeding. The first error you will get occurs immediately after forcing the iPhone to downgrade to 1.1.1. iTunes will pop up some error code but this is expected. Read the jailbreak tutorials carefully. The instructions I copied to you are to be performed AFTER the downgrade to 1.1.1.

And yes, the iPhone will give a warning any time there is no SIM card installed. If you find the warnings annoying, put the SIM card that came with the iPhone back into the phone. It won't matter for jailbreaking.

mingenyx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
it did i didnt have a sim card i borrowed my friends to get past the emergency call thing to actually receive the calls from when i called 0 etc but yea i got it now thanks for all ur help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.