Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So great news about Siri on the new Ipad. I feel it's come 6-8 months too late especially by the time IOS6 comes.

I say that because by the time it comes I'll be considering what the Ipad 4 will be like. Won't be long until the next update come IOS6.

People said it would be pointless on the Ipad even though I don't have the 3G one the ability to play a song, google, ask the weather will all be very good. For me I shall use it more on the Ipad than Iphone 4S.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
So great news about Siri on the new Ipad. I feel it's come 6-8 months too late especially by the time IOS6 comes.

I say that because by the time it comes I'll be considering what the Ipad 4 will be like. Won't be long until the next update come IOS6.

People said it would be pointless on the Ipad even though I don't have the 3G one the ability to play a song, google, ask the weather will all be very good. For me I shall use it more on the Ipad than Iphone 4S.

This I agree with.

They should have introduced it in 5.1 with the release of iPad 3.

By the time it gets Siri, as you pointed out, the next iPad will be less then half of a year away.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
This I agree with.

They should have introduced it in 5.1 with the release of iPad 3.

By the time it gets Siri, as you pointed out, the next iPad will be less then half of a year away.

Yes I bought my new Ipad hoping it would get Siri and I knew it would maybe get announced in the summer. The new OS always comes in the fall now right? In the days of summer Iphone releases did they put out the likes of IOS3 in the summer?

I guess it can only mean better Siri in Ipad 4 but for me the voice dictation was not enough I keep looking for Siri on the Ipad. I remember IOS5 felt quite short last year as I updated to the new one in March.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So great news about Siri on the new Ipad. I feel it's come 6-8 months too late especially by the time IOS6 comes....

This must be why Android tablets are out selling it 10 to 1.:D

Remember Siri is still technically Beta and is still "learning" and will be much different in iOS6 than it is now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.