Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kathryne_B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
CA
Does anyone here know if the Sketches Pro app can be used on an iPad Pro? Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I can't find anything anywhere on the description (below) whether it is for the iPad Pro or not. I have included an image and description of the app, below. Thank you for any help. -KD

iPad%20Pro_zpshbmw5uro.png

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
From the review I've just looked at, it appears as though it does support it. Also the review says that if you have the free version, you can try the pro features for 1 hour for free,

"Tayasui Sketches looks simple and clean, but it offers a number of different brushes for free and a clutter-free space to draw. You get a pencil, rotring, watercolor brush, felt pen, and eraser for free. You can import photos, too, if you want, and it’s really easy to share your sketches on social networks or via email.

It’s great for illustration and quick sketches, but if you buy the in-app purchase, it can become a professional drawing app with surface pressure, layers, types of paper, more brushes, and the ability to change brush sizes. The app lets you try the pro features for an hour, so you can decide if it’s worth the $5 price tag. Regardless of whether you pay for pro, you can organize your sketches and creations into different notebooks in the app, which makes it easier to keep track of everything. Thanks to the backup feature, you won’t have to worry about losing your work, either"

I hope that this helps

Jason

kathryne_B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
CA
From the review I've just looked at, it appears as though it does support it. Also the review says that if you have the free version, you can try the pro features for 1 hour for free,

"Tayasui Sketches looks simple and clean, but it offers a number of different brushes for free and a clutter-free space to draw. You get a pencil, rotring, watercolor brush, felt pen, and eraser for free. You can import photos, too, if you want, and it’s really easy to share your sketches on social networks or via email.

It’s great for illustration and quick sketches, but if you buy the in-app purchase, it can become a professional drawing app with surface pressure, layers, types of paper, more brushes, and the ability to change brush sizes. The app lets you try the pro features for an hour, so you can decide if it’s worth the $5 price tag. Regardless of whether you pay for pro, you can organize your sketches and creations into different notebooks in the app, which makes it easier to keep track of everything. Thanks to the backup feature, you won’t have to worry about losing your work, either"

I hope that this helps

Jason

Thanks for your help, I went ahead and downloaded it and it did what I didn't want. it wound up as an application on my desktop computer instead of iPad.

Last edited:

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
Yes, I found that out. I downloaded the one for the iPad and I spent more money than I had wanted too. So, now I have one that I won't even be using on my desktop. Thanx for your reply. Kd

When you get the receipt for the item you do not want, you can click on the link to "report a problem" and select the reason downloaded in error or something to that effect and apple should give you a refund.

Reactions: kathryne_B

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yes, I found that out. I downloaded the one for the iPad and I spent more money than I had wanted too. So, now I have one that I won't even be using on my desktop. Thanx for your reply. Kd

When you get the receipt for the item you do not want, you can click on the link to "report a problem" and select the reason downloaded in error or something to that effect and apple should give you a refund.

I agree. Definitely ask for a refund. Your mistake is understandable, the UI doesn't really make it clear you're not buying an iOS app.

Reactions: kathryne_B

kathryne_B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
CA
Ok, guys, thank you all for your help!! My balance is now reflecting a refund! Thanx again for all your help and work! -Ella

Reactions: RadioGaGa1984
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.