Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
I was doing some work (nothing big, just word processing) while listening to iTunes today when iTunes skipped. It's not a faulty file (I've listened to it hundreds of times). It did it again later on another song.

:mad: <--me listening to iTunes skip

Any ideas what's going on?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
And I thought you were going to tell us about a new Australian iTMS. :(

I haven't had iTunes skip on me before though. What OS are you running? Word processing doesn't take up all that much CPU and RAM generally so I can't imagine it's a deficient hardware fault.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
mad jew said:
I haven't had iTunes skip on me before though. What OS are you running? Word processing doesn't take up all that much CPU and RAM generally so I can't imagine it's a deficient hardware fault.

I know word processing doesn't work the comp hard at all, which is why I was all 'wtf'.
I've got a gig of ram and 2.5ghz cpu so there shouldn't be a problem there. My hard drive is realtively full. 20 gigs free on an 80gig drive.

still, not much there to be a prblem...

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
I heard of this problem once, just after iTunes 4.8 came out. I have not heard of it since, so can only suggest an upgrade to 4.9 or downgrade to 4.7.1 if you are using 4.8. Not sure what caused it on the other guy's computer, but I never heard from them again so it must be fine now.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
I'm on 4.9 currently. When I first downloaded/installed it, I was having some problems w/ it so I reinstalled. Turns out the problem was in the iPod. So I'm actually running on a reinstalled 4.9.

I've decided I'm just going to dismiss the occurences as computer blips or something. It's been fine for the last hour so it probably wasn't anything. Just posted to see if anyone had been having the same problem.

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.