Skippy iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the_freddinator, Aug 16, 2005.

1. the_freddinator macrumors regular

I was doing some work (nothing big, just word processing) while listening to iTunes today when iTunes skipped. It's not a faulty file (I've listened to it hundreds of times). It did it again later on another song.

:mad: <--me listening to iTunes skip

Any ideas what's going on?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

And I thought you were going to tell us about a new Australian iTMS. :(

I haven't had iTunes skip on me before though. What OS are you running? Word processing doesn't take up all that much CPU and RAM generally so I can't imagine it's a deficient hardware fault.

3. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

I know word processing doesn't work the comp hard at all, which is why I was all 'wtf'.
    I've got a gig of ram and 2.5ghz cpu so there shouldn't be a problem there. My hard drive is realtively full. 20 gigs free on an 80gig drive.

still, not much there to be a prblem...

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I heard of this problem once, just after iTunes 4.8 came out. I have not heard of it since, so can only suggest an upgrade to 4.9 or downgrade to 4.7.1 if you are using 4.8. Not sure what caused it on the other guy's computer, but I never heard from them again so it must be fine now.

5. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on 4.9 currently. When I first downloaded/installed it, I was having some problems w/ it so I reinstalled. Turns out the problem was in the iPod. So I'm actually running on a reinstalled 4.9.

I've decided I'm just going to dismiss the occurences as computer blips or something. It's been fine for the last hour so it probably wasn't anything. Just posted to see if anyone had been having the same problem.

Thanks for the help.

6. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    My encounter has not been skippy, but there is one song (purchased on iTunes no less) that absolutely knackers my Shuffle.

Just that one song.

Can't understand it.

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I was thinking the same thing!