Skydrive App for Mac adds Dropbox Finder functionality

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc1350, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 4, 2008
  2. macrumors 603

Oct 5, 2008
    This works great. I copied it into the folder on my MBP and bam, it instantly showed up on the iPad app for it.
  3. macrumors member

Jun 25, 2007
    This is indeed a welcome move by Microsoft.
    I just "grandfatherred-in" for the 25GB storage. Everyone with hotmail account should do that fast:cool:
  4. macrumors 68030

Dec 18, 2007
    NY State of mind
    I don't know if just having a hotmail account is enough....I believe you needed to upload something to your SkyDrive account before April 22nd to be considered a "long-term" user.

But I agree...if you can, make sure you check in and get your quota bumped from the new 7GB to the old 25GB.

They also increased the max file upload size. I think it used to be 100MB (maybe 50MB I don't remember exactly) - now it's 2GB. Dropbox will be hard pressed to compete once more and more iOS apps add "dropbox-like" capability for SkyDrive.
  5. macrumors regular

Dec 8, 2008
    London, UK
    Got me my 25 gb free :)

Only issue I have with the client they've released is that its only available for Lion, still rocking SL here *sigh*.

I guess I'll have to keep doing it the old fashioned way!
  6. macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2011
    NY USA
    Crap I didn't get the offer but I had an account just nothing added to it. Guess I am sol but hey 7 gig free is still free and the bump for another 20 is cheap.
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 4, 2008
  8. jwhelan, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2011
  9. macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2011
    I was so pleased when I saw that they released an app but then I realised it's Lion only :(

I find the web app a bit of a chore. Like you had to do files individually. Does it allow drag and drop yet?