Sleep light died on 12" rev a PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by joecool85, Apr 3, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Well...when it goes to sleep the light doesn't come on anymore...anyway to fix/replace it?

2. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

i had the exact opposite problem with my 15", the sleep light just never would shut off. i sent it in under AppleCare and they fixed it, perhaps you should look into that.

3. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

The sleep light on my powerbook is barely visable anymore. It used to work fine but it is really dull now. Its OK though, because i can still tell whether or not the computer is asleep.

4. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

yeah...the sleep light is totally non existant at this point. and as far as AppleCare goes, doesn't that run out at some point? I bought the laptop almost 2 years ago.

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

If you did not purchase the AppleCare on or before the 1 year (I think that's the policy) since you had your PowerBook, then it is out of warranty. But if you did get the AppleCare, then it is in warranty.

6. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Yeah, I didn't buy anything special as far as warranty goes...so its out of warranty. Thats fine though, its just a light. And I found out, it does light, just really dim...but at night you can tell :)