Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotied

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2003
Boston
Hey. I just got back from France with 706 digital photos. I want to turn them into a tortuous slide show for my family, but don't know which app is easiest for that.

1 - I have the photos already in iPhoto and they're arranged by date.
2 - I made a QT exported file that is nice and boring at 41 minutes long, but it won't play on my parent's DVD player.
3 - I tried making an iDVD movie/slideshow, but after about the 300th slide, the video playback gets all jiggy and looks like crap.

I have NOT tried to watch the iDVD version in a regular player, just on my G4 tower.

I want to create chapters on the DVD but the tutorial in iDVD (I have version 2.0) was crummy.

I have NOT gone into Photoshop to adjust the photos yet. They are all about 1MB....could size be an issue?

Am I better creating right from iDVD and not using the button on the bottom of the iPhoto page? I have already rotated the 200 odd photos that I took sideways and doing so manually is going to be really tedious if I have to do it again.

Finally, how do I add my own soundtrack to the iDVD slideshow and not get stuck with Minuet from iPhoto?

Thanks,

Jeff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.