Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semajm85

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys!

I'm upgrading from my 2018 11" IPP. Its fit into my bellboy venture sling well and has been great

Looking to get a new sling to accompany the 13", any recommendations? Trying to keep it as slim and as lightweight as possible

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm not sure which bag exactly you'd prefer, but I highly recommend Waterfield for bag / sling / sleeve needs. They make really excellent products.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I just received my WaterField SHINJUKU bag on Thursday. This morning I place and accessories order for the padded gear bag and the leather shoulder pad. I own the Storm Grey X-PAC Canvas full size. I have SF bags in the past and have been very pleased with them, this is no exception for SHINJUKU bag it is exactly as described and functions perfectly for me. The bag is well made and very

• Love
Reactions: jbanning and jazz1

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I just received my WaterField SHINJUKU bag on Thursday. This morning I place and accessories order for the padded gear bag and the leather shoulder pad. I own the Storm Grey X-PAC Canvas full size. I have SF bags in the past and have been very pleased with them, this is no exception for SHINJUKU bag it is exactly as described and functions perfectly for me. The bag is well made and very

Funny, this is the exact bag (color, size and all) I’m eyeing right now. Probably going to pull the trigger after seeing your recommendation.

Reactions: jbanning and jazz1

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I've become a fan of Tomtoc's over the last few years. For the price ( they occasionally go on sale on Amazon ) I think they offer a nice variety.

There's the Navigator sling, which I've being using for the last few months.

If I do want to go with a messenger bag / sling style I really like

Price is a consideration for me, because I tend to rock an assortment of slings & backpacks, depending on what I am doing / where I am going. The Tomtocs have been pretty good quality wise.

If you are going to go with Waterfield, the one bag I got from them was the Sutter Tech Sling which I loved the look of. I unfortunately brought an early one, before they knew the dimensions of the iPP with magic keyboard, which meant the iPP no longer fit in it's designated slot. At it's price I was reluctant to buy yet another one. I do still have the Sutter, that I carry for my 4th gen iPad Air when I am about.

semajm85

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012

thanks for that! After looking at everything from AER, Alpaka, Bellroy, Peak Design, Part and many other brand, I'm now looking to get this bag. seems to be the best for the size and style I'm looking for.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts

thanks for that! After looking at everything from AER, Alpaka, Bellroy, Peak Design, Part and many other brand, I'm now looking to get this bag. seems to be the best for the size and style I'm looking for.
You have great taste in bag brands - I owe at least one bag from all of those companies except Alpaka 🤣 enjoy your new bag.

• Love
Reactions: jazz1

semajm85

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
You have great taste in bag brands - I owe at least one bag from all of those companies except Alpaka 🤣 enjoy your new bag.
its a real problem....im about to pull the trigger on the WaterField and a new Pakt....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.