Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
I'm curious is anyone else seeing slow page loading in Safari on the new MBP w/ TB? I've noticed with my new MBP that pages seem to take a long time to load - slower than my older MBP. This happens both when I enter the URL and it's fetching the site and when clicking on individual pages. I've also noticed that the buttons (links) sometimes are last to populate or are unresponsive causing me to have to reload the page.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Not my internet speed.
Ping: 11 ms
Download: 335.31 Mbps
Upload: 32.19 Mbps

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
I'm curious is anyone else seeing slow page loading in Safari on the new MBP w/ TB? I've noticed with my new MBP that pages seem to take a long time to load - slower than my older MBP. This happens both when I enter the URL and it's fetching the site and when clicking on individual pages. I've also noticed that the buttons (links) sometimes are last to populate or are unresponsive causing me to have to reload the page.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Not my internet speed.
Ping: 11 ms
Download: 335.31 Mbps
Upload: 32.19 Mbps
Turn off search suggestions, turn off preload top result etc, speeds up safari In general.

Reactions: rkdiddy

dashwin

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
I'm curious is anyone else seeing slow page loading in Safari on the new MBP w/ TB?

For me Safari scrolling is worse off overall and loading images that aren't on screen appears slower than my early 2011 MBP. Safari remembered passwords loads are a lot slower I have noticed too.

So yes, there appears to be some sluggishness oddly on my maxed out MBP 15" with TB. Not entirely sure yet what is going on.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
For me Safari scrolling is worse off overall and loading images that aren't on screen appears slower than my early 2011 MBP. Safari remembered passwords loads are a lot slower I have noticed too.

So yes, there appears to be some sluggishness oddly on my maxed out MBP 15" with TB. Not entirely sure yet what is going on.

Scrolling in Safari on a maxed out 13" TB is bad here, for example two finger scrolling through the forums at Macrumors is kinda jittery. Also seeing lag or skipping in dock animations and scrolling through the applications folder but I see NO lag scrolling through all my photos in the photos app.

I have pre load top hits disabled as well as safari search suggestions...

Headed to the Genius Bar tomorrow

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!

Mine is maxed out as well. I was searching for a hotel and noticed that the buttons/links on the page just stopped working all together. I had to reload the page to get them to work again. Very strange.

Scrolling in Safari on a maxed out 13" TB is bad here, for example two finger scrolling through the forums at Macrumors is kinda jittery. Also seeing lag or skipping in dock animations and scrolling through the applications folder but I see NO lag scrolling through all my photos in the photos app.

I have pre load top hits disabled as well as safari search suggestions...

Headed to the Genius Bar tomorrow

Please keep us posted on how it goes. I would imagine it would be a software issue, but seriously considering returning my machine to try my luck on another. Hoping it's not a graphics issue.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
Mine is maxed out as well. I was searching for a hotel and noticed that the buttons/links on the page just stopped working all together. I had to reload the page to get them to work again. Very strange.

Please keep us posted on how it goes. I would imagine it would be a software issue, but seriously considering returning my machine to try my luck on another. Hoping it's not a graphics issue.

Will do George.. LOL

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
Haven't had any issues with this on the base 13" non-TB model. Any weirdness I've encountered usually had more to do with the hotel wifi rather than any issues of the computer itself...

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I have noticed this with Safari on my 13" 2016 MacBook Pro as well. The bar will load around one-sixth of the way, pause for several seconds, and then the page will load on several webpages.

Reactions: rkdiddy

Odorcide

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2013
I just experienced a slow down on safari and turning off wifi and turning it back on help immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.