Small CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xagoldsteinx, Jan 29, 2006.

1. xagoldsteinx macrumors member

I got this little disc from HP for my printer. It's one of those small CD's, like, the size of the disc in a floppy. Can I use it on my slot-loading iMac G5 (iSight)?

2. xagoldsteinx thread starter macrumors member

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, don't you dare put it in there...it'll mess things up mad. :(

If you need drivers and they are not built into OS X, just download the latest.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

In general --- completely ignore any driver disks you get with a printer (scanner, or other hardware device) - they are almost always oout of date. If a printer isn't automatically recognized by OS X, then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

one of our local computer stores even has a little note posted with the blank mini disk "note:these disk may not eject from slot loading drives (EG:apple) and can damage your computer"

6. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

NO!!!!!!!

Just to make sure you don't, it won't probably come out again and ruin your mac.

7. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The only Mac slot-load drives that could take those were the original slot-load drives in the old gumdrop/CRT G3 iMacs. None of the PowerBook slot-load drives have been able to take them, and the G5+ iMacs use those same 'notebook' slot-load drives.

8. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

As you`ve probably figured out dont put that disk in at any cost. Your alternatives are 1. Download the driver from the net. OR 2. Copy the mini disk by putting it in a PC with a tray loading drive and then transfer the file using a regular CD or any USB flash memory.