Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Hi guys,

I've just got started with smart folders, which really seem useful where files are scattered around the system. However, I've created a smart folder which will gather together images and display them all together. However, because the default icon size is quite small, its hard to see the preview image due to the small icon size. I've been looking everywhere for an option to increase the icon size (as is possible with the view options in normal Finder windows), but this seems strangely missing with smart folders.

Is there a way to do this, or is it just a limitation of smart folders?

NATO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Solved!

Once again, after spending quite some time trying to find the solution without having to resort to creating a new thread I manage to find it literally the minute after posting :rolleyes:

Well, to benefit those who may be wondering - When you create a smart folder, the default view option is to view the results in groups, rather than the usual icons/list/columns. You have to change this to icons and then access the view options.

Sorry for an unnecessary thread!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.