Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I think having read the many constant complaints (legit or otherwise) on these boards, the skit was very entertaining and a also a strong reminder of how fortunate we are.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I don't watch SNL anymore, but that was great. While funny, it shows how spoiled Americans are and how much we complain about the smallest things.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I don't watch SNL anymore, but that was great. While funny, it shows how spoiled Americans are and how much we complain about the smallest things.

As my immigrant parents from China have reminded me for the past 53 years.

However, I constantly remind them, that due to this culture's mentality, they were able to make and be afforded a very comfortable lifestyle.

May 8, 2008
I think it's rather interesting this story hasn't made the front page or blogs here at MR yet.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
One of the writers HAD to have spent time on this site - or a similar one - they got the 'First Word Problems' that so many complain about spot on. Sometimes it seems as if the phone is attached to their pacemaker.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
yeah this was really good. SNL seems to actually having some funny sketches lately!

Is the guy from Portlandia a permanent cast member???? If so does that mean Portlandia is over?? I hope not!

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
That was pretty damn good. I especially liked the last bit about America producing diabetes. I was actually just talking to a friend last night who watching SNL about how I haven't watched it regularly in about 6 or 7 years. Looks like I missed a good one last night.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
yeah this was really good. SNL seems to actually having some funny sketches lately!

Is the guy from Portlandia a permanent cast member???? If so does that mean Portlandia is over?? I hope not!

Um, the guy from Portlandia had already been on SNL for years years before Portlandia.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
How the mighty have fallen. SNL taking the side of a billion dollar corporation. :(

rainman7

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2011
I normally don't watch SNL but this is hilarious, remind me of another first world problem video on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.