Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac3687

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
My new MacBook isn't even here yet (I think FedEx says China) but I'm already thinking about mice. Originally, I thought of the Wireless Mighty Mouse, but read mixed reviews, so I found a nice bluetooth mouse from Microsoft, but I think I now have a new plan. I only intend on using the mouse when using Photoshop, and I saw a really neat tablet from Wacom that is bluetooth enabled, and ships with a mouse. Anyone use this (or any other tablet) and have any advice? I figure it'd make some of the graphic stuff I do a bit simpler, and it might even be fun to try and jot notes in class. I'd love to hear any input towards something like this, -Mike

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
the mighty mouse is tough to give up once you use it- you miss the squeeze feature when you use other mice. but avoiding it to start is a good idea! It's not very functional, unfortunately Microsoft makes better mice...

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i ordered a bluetooth mice from newegg for $34, it havent arrived yet, right now im using a M$ wilress USB IR mice, its just i want to save a USB port. I think big brand probably have better quality. Ireless mighty mice looks nice, its just way too expensive for me, gee, $70. LOL, i can buy 2-3 other brand.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i tried using a MM but i didn't like it. i'm now using a Logitech LX7, which i like. i've only used a tablet once and for the very simple task i was doing, it was pretty cool.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I like my mm. But at the same time I don't like it at all. It takes getting used too. I don't like how if you have your finger resting on the left or right click it will sometimes mess up if you use the other one. Same with the ball click function(not scroll)

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I like my mm. But at the same time I don't like it at all. It takes getting used too. I don't like how if you have your finger resting on the left or right click it will sometimes mess up if you use the other one. Same with the ball click function(not scroll)

exactly, that's it's biggest fault. it cripples your second-click attempts by often registering primary-clicks.

truthfully, it's not worth it just cuz it's apple. get a cheaper, better Logitech or Microsoft mouse.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Just to add

The Mighty Mouse is an OK mouse. But be weary about the scroll ball. You will see many complaints here about it getting "stuck". I had this happen to my wired MM. That's a pain there (and I do think it's a little over priced). With that said, I would look into Logitech's mice. They got some nice stuff. :)

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
exactly, that's it's biggest fault. it cripples your second-click attempts by often registering primary-clicks.

truthfully, it's not worth it just cuz it's apple. get a cheaper, better Logitech or Microsoft mouse.

They should have created two separate buttons under the plastic. If it was like that with the same design I would love it. I guess its just getting used too it.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
as for the wacom, what size would it be? with the smaller sizes the mouse is really hard to sue and really annoying since you can only use it on the tab. Also the mouse they ship isnt that good though the pen is really ncie for photoshop. If you dont do much drawing in photoshop id say youd be better of getting a real tooth mouse and not the wacom.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
AS evidenced by my first posts, I HATED the wireless MM and I was counting the seconds till i bought a new one.

I never bothered for time reasons...it is not as precise as I would like, but it has grown on me.

I like it a lot now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.