Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
I would be rather upset considering someone wants to buy my old iPhone 5 Saturday for a decent price considering all it has been through.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Possibly, or it's PR hype. If the supply constraints are as bad as some say; I'd rather have the launch put on hold to have supply build up.

You know that will not happen. Everyone will have to way the extra days or even weeks till Apple catches up!

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
That or I can speak with my local Apple Store manager, Scotty, who can usually get things a little quicker for me.

tumblr_mjzof28fmb1qab0xpo1_400.gif

That's just fantastic.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
I expected they would be short on supply. On the other hand, I didn't expect so many retailers to say they had zero white iPhones. I'm already expecting to wait a week or two so I ain't even mad.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
That or I can speak with my local Apple Store manager, Scotty, who can usually get things a little quicker for me.

We will see as your Scotty will be very overwhelmed tomorrow. You and him would have to be more than just friends!:eek:

----------

I expected they would be short on supply. On the other hand, I didn't expect so many retailers to say they had zero white iPhones. I'm already expecting to wait a week or two so I ain't even mad.

I would have been mad but after updating the 5 to 7 I can live with it for a few weeks till the 5S arrives.:p

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
We will see as your Scotty will be very overwhelmed tomorrow. You and him would have to be more than just friends!:eek:

----------

I would have been mad but after updating the 5 to 7 I can live with it for a few weeks till the 5S arrives.:p

I've known my local Apple Store manager for about 4 years. A little conversation goes a long way if you want people to help you out.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Don't you guys understand?

> Apple didn't allow pre-orders
> Apple spread rumors there would be a shortage
> Apple wants giant lines for publicity

Apple acquired AuthenTec a few years ago, and they didn't just plan the fingerprint sensor a few months ago, it's been planned for a while, so there was no shortage of fingerprint sensors.

If I could cyber-bet, I would bet a lot of money that the stores and carriers will be very high in stock. Stop believing they won't have a lot, Apple wants giant lines, there are no facts to prove any of these rumors. Without pre-orders, there will be TONS of iPhones at each store

OK Swish.

After reading the forums and about the shortages, are you still convinced that you will just be able to walk into any Apple store and walk out with what ever you want?

I do not think so!:p

Last edited:

kjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, this is the first year that my local store received no 64gb white models at all :(

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
This is the first year Apple have scrapped the reservation list for business customers.

Every year they ask me what units i want, this year was no different. Just after launch i put my name against what i wanted. This year i get a call less than a day before launch saying they are sorry but Apple issued a note saying business reservations are not going to happen this year.

It seems purely down to stock because businesses buy 10+ units but they simply cannot supply the queues and separate business reservations.

Shame, but thats just how it is, waiting now until they call me with stock.

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
I was going to wait for a jailbreak, but had the day off so I went to the Apple store in Nashua, NH. I was in and out in 10 minutes (around 10 AM) with a Silver 64GB 5s (AT&T). They had both Silver and Space grey with no lines.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I was going to wait for a jailbreak, but had the day off so I went to the Apple store in Nashua, NH. I was in and out in 10 minutes (around 10 AM) with a Silver 64GB 5s (AT&T). They had both Silver and Space grey with no lines.

Same here in Northern Alabama, in and out in 15 minutes. They had silver and Grey. They guy said they will have them all weekend easily. Just like every year. All the hype for no reason.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States

I'm jealous! I went to Nashua around 11:30 and they had no Verizon, no unlocked, and only 16 GB and 32 GB in Space Grey for AT&T. I just ended up ordering my silver 64 GB AT&T on Apple's website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.