Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
It's called 'Operation: Smooth as Butter" :D The boys working in the mobile OS department at Google have been working over time.

I'm gonna wait for the official rom to hit, sinse I am already on 4.0.4 with the S3. I honestly don't know how they can make my phone operate any faster or smoother, since it is already at 60fps? Although I do like the dynamic resizing of icons/widgets, plus the flicking icons off your screen to delete them. Pretty cool. (I'm sure Apple will copy this feature soon.)

don't you mean invent that feature and then patent it. :rolleyes:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
No, not true. But no ones gonna convince you otherwise.

It's hard to convince him otherwise when his argument is backed by testing results rather than conjecture

The 4S SOC demolishes the GNEX OMAP and ancient GPU

43400.png

43402.png

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
It's hard to convince him otherwise when his argument is backed by testing results rather than conjecture

The 4S SOC demolishes the GNEX OMAP and ancient GPU

And the International S3 beats the 4s. Who cares? The iPhone 4 is pretty far down that list. I didn't see all these benchmarks being thrown around then. I guess at that time specs and benchmarks didn't matter right? Not until the iPhone was the best at some random benchmark did it become important.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Get what you want without onsidering the price. I mean I know money is taken into account when buying items at such high prices, but after all it is about getting what you really prefer. Stay with what you love lol.

#Ambition

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
1. If you work in a niche area, I can believe this. However, 99% of the mainstream apps and games are in the Google Play store.
2. IOS ecosystem is better than anything out right now. Makes a difference when a single company makes hardware, software and sells it direct.
3. ???
4. IPad screen is better than the new Nexus tablet. More ppi. Was this ever debatable? It was a way to keep the thing under $200 is my guess. Some people may not need a 'retina' display and still be happy with their purchase.
5. You do know that Android devices can sync perfectly with iTunes, right? Additionally, Google apps like calendar, gmail and drive can auto sync with any mobile device, except maybe Blackberry.
6. A 7" Nexus will be more than twice the size of a 4" iPhone. Just like a 10" tablet is nearly twice the size of a 7" tablet. Big difference. Although, I agree with you, if you already have a 4" or larger phone, plus a 10" ipad, there is no need for a 7", but it will beavailableif people want it.
7. You can't think of any reason to get something like the S3 over an iPhone? That's because you are accustomed to NOT having features with Apple.

- um, I use plenty of apps that are not available on android. Most of them sync perfectly with their OSX counterpart, and none of the sync with iTunes (so I really don't understand your argument).

- I was an Android user for many years. I still have about 3 Android devices in my desk drawer. I just found the whole experience lacking compared to iOS. But thats just my opinion, who are entitled to yours.

- People may want a 7" tablet, but I most certainly do not.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008

Neither do I. I love my iPad and don't want a smaller tablet but there are a lot of people that probably do. When Samsung released the Note I thought they were crazy but there's a pretty big market for that type of phone and it sold very well.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Those are the prices that I (and hundreds of million other consumers) pay when we buy a new phone.

Which saddens me, I was really hoping Apple could break us of our need to capitulate to the carriers in the US by offering a phone that we all want to us directly, contract free.

nyc999

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
- um, I use plenty of apps that are not available on android. Most of them sync perfectly with their OSX counterpart, and none of the sync with iTunes (so I really don't understand your argument).

- I was an Android user for many years. I still have about 3 Android devices in my desk drawer. I just found the whole experience lacking compared to iOS. But thats just my opinion, who are entitled to yours.

1. I assumed when you said you sync between your MBP, iphone and iPad, you were referring to iTunes syncing, or iCloud. I was simply pointing out, Android can sync to itunes.

2. I have been an iOS user for the last 4 years, as well as an OSX user with my iMac and MBP. I'm typing this up on my iPad2, as a matter of fact. After buying a Touchpad for $99 and putting CM9 in dual boot mode to play with and learn ICS, I started to see how lacking and restrictive iOS was and still is. Now that I have the SGS3 running ICS, the debate is over. I am holding on to my iPad simply to see if iOS6 can make typing on this thing bareable, as well as make accessing my vids on itunes better. (to this day, my ipad can not show the correct image to the correct video file via the built in Videos app. Just works, my a55.) I have found the entire iOS experience now lacking in so many areas. Just my opinion, but one based on so, so many examples.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I can buy a brand new BMW for 40k or a new Honda for 20k. This BMW price gouging must stop!!!!!
That would be valid analogy if they were using the exact same engine, drivetrain, and components. Smartphones, tablets, and even PCs all pretty much use the same hardware now. The difference is in software which certainly deserves a premium but how much?

Does Honda even offer a V8? Or a twin-turbo V6?

Alright…

I can buy a brand new Mercedes S500 for $95000 or a Hyundai Genesis Equus for $60000; Mercedes is horribly overpriced!

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Gens isn't as good as iPhone 4s and therefore it costs less. It has a pretty weak CPU and in my experience the battery life is terrible especially with LTE(I had the Verizon version).

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
An arbitrary feature list having 6 more plus points does not make one piece of technology better than the other, especially when many said features are based on opinion, or misleading numbers.

LOL ok...the 4G speeds, bigger screen, HD display, flash and removable battery with more power make it a ton better than the 4s on that alone. keep telling yourself a phone running old 3G tech with a tiny 3.5 inch screen that doesn't take SD cards or new batteries is superior LMAO

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
LOL ok...the 4G speeds, bigger screen, HD display, flash and removable battery with more power make it a ton better than the 4s on that alone. keep telling yourself a phone running old 3G tech with a tiny 3.5 inch screen that doesn't take SD cards or new batteries is superior LMAO

Yes, and I made a thread with over 100 points that I think the iPhone 4S does best. Are you really going to bring this argument into every thread?

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Gens isn't as good as iPhone 4s and therefore it costs less. It has a pretty weak CPU and in my experience the battery life is terrible especially with LTE(I had the Verizon version).
Assuming the iPhone 5 has LTE, wait until you see what it does to the battery life on your precious iPhone... assuming Apple doesn't complete castrate all other processors in favor of battery life.

----------

An arbitrary feature list having 6 more plus points does not make one piece of technology better than the other, especially when many said features are based on opinion, or misleading numbers.

Sticking you head in the ground and covering your ears seems to be your solution to everything. Just ignore anything that doesn't agree with your point of view. Great way to live your life.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Assuming the iPhone 5 has LTE, wait until you see what it does to the battery life on your precious iPhone... assuming Apple doesn't complete castrate all other processors in favor of battery life.

----------

Sticking you head in the ground and covering your ears seems to be your solution to everything. Just ignore anything that doesn't agree with your point of view. Great way to live your life.

Yes, and I made a thread with over 100 points that I think the iPhone 4S does best. I can be argued that both lists are based on opinion, what makes this +6 list better than my +100 list?

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Yes, and I made a thread with over 100 points that I think the iPhone 4S does best. I can be argued that both lists are based on opinion, what makes this +6 list better than my +100 list?

There is no point talking to you. All the proof in the world wouldn't matter to you or nuckingfutz. You both are making arguements about a subject you know nothing about.

Would you contradict a Formula 1 driver about his car and its capabilities? I mean, obviously you guys know everything and people that use the product every day know zip. This is the basis for your arguements.

You pray to the :apple: and are a zealot in your reasoning. Ergo, there is no reasoning.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
There is no point talking to you. All the proof in the world wouldn't matter to you or nuckingfutz. You both are making arguements about a subject you know nothing about.

Would you contradict a Formula 1 driver about his car and its capabilities? I mean, obviously you guys know everything and people that use the product every day know zip. This is the basis for your arguements.

You pray to the :apple: and are a zealot in your reasoning. Ergo, there is no reasoning.

On what basis are you claiming the +6 list of opinions is "proof" of superiority, while the +100 list of opinions is not?

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
^^^ Done. There is no point talking with you. I do pity you, however, and hope that one day you wake up from the Apple matrix.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I wouldn't say the iPhone is overpriced, but as with anything. The nexus gives you options if you don't think the iPhone cost is justifiable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.