Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wormald

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
London
Looks like our plucky little, touchpad-less, fabric bottomed, cuppy keycapped pal has finally come to the end of the road, side-by-side with the final home-button 9th gen iPad.

A delightfully simple keyboard - who needs a touchpad when you touch the whole screen? Keys so close to the screen, no hover-gap.

The origami craft-time triangle. The side-mounted smart connector, so easy to pop on and off. Concave, fingertip snugging keycaps. Humble, functional looks.

Ok sure, the edge fabric might have started fraying after a year or so, and the connection got a bit temperamental from time to time...

But all in all a quintessentially iPaddy iPad accessory that will be missed by more than you might think.

Sad to see it go. Rest well my tappy little friend 🫡

IMG_2044.jpg

soldano

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
I will not be getting a new iPad Pro until apple makes a Smart Keyboard for it or a reputable third party does. Magic Keyboard = no thanks.

cczhu

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2018
it's much lighter and portable than the Magic Keyboard. And it's also dust resistant.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Oh no, say it isn’t so. I like the lighter weight of the smart keyboard, plus I’m not worried about crumbs, etc., when using it in the kitchen.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
No joke, I’m actually considering cancelling/returning my iPad Pro order over this missing accessory. Magic Keyboard offers nothing to regular Pencil users.

Apparently the latest one is compatible with the new Airs.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Plus I like how with the Smart Keyboard, you can fold it behind the iPad, use it in portrait mode (and also use it with the Pencil).

Reactions: erikkfi

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
No joke, I’m actually considering cancelling/returning my iPad Pro order over this missing accessory. Magic Keyboard offers nothing to regular Pencil users.

Apparently the latest one is compatible with the new Airs.
Look for the logitech combo case, a better alternative

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.