Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ipaddaro

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2014
I feel the same with my 5S and Air 2!

My 5S as of now feels just like 8.4.1. But my iPad Air 2 has a lot more stuttering and such.

I think I notice it on my Air 2 because I pretty much use gestures exclusively. And with gestures it's easy to notice slow downs.

yes, i use a lot the gestures too... maybe that's why it's easier to notice

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
iPhone 5S here - literally perfect (a surprise given I did an update rather than fresh install - usually I do that, but this time I just could not be bothered).

Only lag is swiping up the control centre - it starts to lag if I stretch it further than the normal size.

Another lag was on the homescreen - actually, just micro stutter scrolling sideways slowly, but I figured it was the animated clock that seemed to cause this (moving it into a folder solved it).

Hate the left scroll "search" thing though - hope we can disable that in the future (was in previous versions though, so whatever)

Not an Apple apologist either - check my post history, I am very critical of iOS and minor lags/glitches.

I do have a lot of stuff disabled though!!! Eg, Siri, Spotlight, all of iCloud except Find my iPhone, Automatic App Updates, and other junk.

Last edited:

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
If there is lag.

1 is it when you first open the app
2 have you killed all apps and reopen
3 are all apps open but not been used for a while
4 power user on lots of apps within seconds of each other

Iv just gone through mine and noticed a milli second lag opening an app that had not been used for a while. Went to Facebook and back to same app and no lag.

It's a milli second lag if anything is it really worth a massive huge post like this

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I have lag in safari, also unlocking iPhone is slower, overall phone (iPhone 6) doesn't feel as responsive as it used to be. Also auto brightness acts weirdly. I probably should have read mr before.

Reactions: MyMacintosh

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
iOS 9 has been nothing but silky smooth for me, and with the final update, battery life has been stellar. A very worthy update for me.

Reactions: ABC5S

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
People are obviously going to say I'm lying, but iOS 9 runs smoother than iOS 8 did. Yes, there's bugs here and there, but Apple will be releasing updates as soon as possible to get those fixed. Also, I am now on iOS 9.1 beta. Which is even better than the Golden Master felt to me.

And I did not even perform a fresh install or anything like that. I just updated from iOS 9 beta 5 to the Golden Master. And the day after, I went to iOS 9.1 beta after reading the positive comments about it. It does run better than iOS 9 GM.

Don't understand why so many people seem to have issues with iOS 9, even after a fresh install. I thought it would differ a bit from user to user, but it really seems to be a common problem now.. :p

Reactions: skwood

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I've been on a clean install of iOS 9.1 / GM all week. Today, I gave the official release a try.

Here's my warning: if you're on a 6 your entire device WILL slowdown. You may not notice it, and more power to you, but it is slower and less responsive.

One thing I've noticed is that the icon hit boxes don't seem as large. I constantly have to hit apps more than once for them to open. 8.4.1 doesn't have this problem for me, who knows.

Staying on 8.4.1 for a while. Nothing on iOS 9 interests me other than the content blocking, which works amazingly.

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I want every single user who smugly said "It's almost like it's a beta!" to promptly delete their accounts and jump off a bridge.

Why? If other people's opinions bother you that much then wouldn't it make more sense for you to delete your account so you don't have to expose yourself them?

Reactions: DanJBS

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
This is ridiculous. I am getting lag in safari, in the app switcher, and the control center. When I tried to quit all my apps, and hard restart, all previously closed apps re appeared in the appswitcher when my phone came back on. I tried the same thing again, except this time I waited about 2 minutes after quitting all the apps to restart- but the same thing happened again when my phone came back on again. Some of you will claim my phone is still "indexing", but it's been about 5 hours since I installed iOS 9. And I have 8/16 GB free on my iPhone, so it couldn't have had much to "index" anyway. This is pathetic @apple. iOS 8.0, and 7.0 were just as much of a disappointment. You'd think that after 2 years, and even an extended (public) beta which resulted in even more feedback, Apple would've managed to release a smooth, stable version of iOS. Especially after Craig Federihi stood on stage at WWDC and talked about great performance improvements we would be seeing in iOS 9. Also, you can sit and recommend that I do a clean install, but I shouldn't have to lose everything just for a lag free OS. I'm seriously disappointed in Apple, because mediocrity seems to be a new pattern they're following

Jonx

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2004
the same here...

in addition, i'm a bit off topic... but where is the ios 9 wallpaper seen in all the preview pictures? they also removed older wallpapers...
Not sure about the wallpapers but I've decided to restore the iPad Air 2, as soon as I plugged in to the computer and it showed up on itunes lag disappeared.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I just went from 9.1 PB1 to 9.0 Final (not the GM build but the one released today) and it's faster than iOS 9.1 PB1

Interesting. I had much better results all the way around with 9.1 than the 9.0PB on an Air 2. Are you seeing a difference between battery life on 9.0 public release vs 9.1 PB?

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Even though some Apple fans swore it wasn't.

Going to try a fresh install now to see if its any less laggy on my iPhone 6.

Getting the iPad 1 form iOS 4.3 to iOS 5 vibe. Not as unusable but pretty damn annoying.

Useable? Yes

Does it feel like a blazing fast and modern OS on an iPhone that was just released a year ago? Nope.

Seems like iOS 9 was made for the newest iPhones/iPads which is disappointing because in the past, it took about 2 cycles before devices would seen noticeable slowness.

Really ? Tell me more !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.