Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
The AirPlay active speakers? The plethora of AirPlay receivers?

Denon and Marantz have a couple of receivers.

Where is B&W? Where is the flood of devices?

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
hold your horses, they are coming, airplay has only just been (officially) launched. Remember the iPhone 4 no accessories specific to the iphone 4 for weeks/months, same with the ipad and ipods, it takes time for these things to enter the market

gsrbob

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2010
I Can't wait till they come out, I've been holding back on gettin a speaker dock for awhile because of this.

Ballis

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2008
Oslo, Norway
same here. Im not buying speakers untill i can get some airplay supported ones from a good maker. I wish Bose would add it to their outdoor speakers.

houdinize

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
I am curious how it will support multiple speakers like the site claims. Right now Airplay only allows you to choose one at a time (I can't play to my express and AppleTV at the same time). Also waiting on the price?

colinmack

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
I am curious how it will support multiple speakers like the site claims. Right now Airplay only allows you to choose one at a time (I can't play to my express and AppleTV at the same time). Also waiting on the price?

I'm assuming if you want multiple speakers at the same time, you would need to push the music from iTunes (which supports multiple speakers already) instead of from an iDevice.

mooeymoose

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009

Yes, airplay needs expanded features to really take on sonos. In itunes you can play on multiple speakers but not from your iphone. This was reported to be allowed in a pre-release version but was removed.

Airplay should also see other mac computers as devices and allow you to stream other media besides itunes (like airfoil does) to your devices.

I think apple still has their work cut out from them if they want to really compete with sonos.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
same here. Im not buying speakers untill i can get some airplay supported ones from a good maker. I wish Bose would add it to their outdoor speakers.

Ewwwww.....Bose. I just got my father-in-law to ditch his Bose cube system in favor of an in-wall system. He's gonna crap his pants when he hears the difference.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Ewwwww.....Bose. I just got my father-in-law to ditch his Bose cube system in favor of an in-wall system. He's gonna crap his pants when he hears the difference.

Bose is terrible. They are great at marketing and great at making people believe they are number 1, but they are the Dell of the audio world. A well known name, but not a good product.

I remember when I worked at Circuit City we had bose surrounds and kef surrounds and all the people coming in after bose left with kefs instead.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Bose is terrible. They are great at marketing and great at making people believe they are number 1, but they are the Dell of the audio world. A well known name, but not a good product.

I remember when I worked at Circuit City we had bose surrounds and kef surrounds and all the people coming in after bose left with kefs instead.

Well, when all is said and done, he'll be sporting Speakercraft AIM series in-walls and a Definitive Technologies Supercube III Subwoofer.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Denon and Marantz have a couple of receivers.

Where is B&W? Where is the flood of devices?

Anybody had any experience with the Denon or Marantz AirPlay speakers. I am really in the market for AirPlay speakers. Even a link?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.