Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshua_msu

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
chicago (formerly detroit)
Since I upgraded to 4.2, I noticed the on YouTube, when I check out my subscriptions, the videos are no longer listed in order of most recent first. Now they are just in scrambled order. Anyone experienced this, or know how to remedy it?

iowamensan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
Add to that the issue with apostrophes in genres. If you have a category called "Children's Music" then every genre gets garbled and shows every single thing on your iTunes account. Only way around it currently seem to be to rename the genre (in iTunes) "Childrens Music" (i.e not ')

Bad release apple! I've come to expect better stability then this :-/

Came here to post the same thing! I have a genre in movies called Children's that is doing the same thing. Never thought to blame the apostrophe. Unfortunately, with 2 year old twins it is our most used category. I don't want to rename 116 items though.

Stink Star

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
i dont care about some ghetto walmart TV's flickering.... i want them to fix my damn youtube subscriptions so they display from last to first.... makes no sense to display first to last considering i have to scroll through dozons of screens to see the latest videos

Ava's Meeshee

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
i dont care about some ghetto walmart TV's flickering.... i want them to fix my damn youtube subscriptions so they display from last to first.... makes no sense to display first to last considering i have to scroll through dozons of screens to see the latest videos

Ah ha I hope it never gets fixed

mentalward

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Kalispell, MT
I'm hopeful that this will work for my parents. I got them an Apple TV for Christmas and it has been almost totally unusable, with the screen turning magenta and green every few minutes. It's embarrassing, since the "major" Christmas gift we got them doesn't even work without a software update that comes out almost 3 months later.

i dont care about some ghetto walmart TV's flickering....

If you look at Apple's support forums you'll see that this problem seems to affect most Philips TVs (which my parents have) and many Sony TVs as well. Not exactly "ghetto walmart TVs."

Last edited:

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Heard about this problem last week. Will not update for a few more weeks as I have cut the 'cable' and ATV2 is my only viewing source. Much cheaper this way.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
When will Apple learn....

When will Apple learn that secret "surprise" product announcements and open, thorough beta testing of products are not compatible?

Maybe the next Apple CEO will believe that product quality is more important than "rock star keynotes".

bettaboy123

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just want them to update my iPod touch. I'm sick of the stupid flickering amd disapperaing of things, especially on the notification bar i actually look at it for wifi and battery. The disappearimg part is even more annyoying, but the flickering sucks too.

tcador

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Haven't experienced this problem myself. Glad to hear they're pushing a fix soon though....

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
When will Apple learn that secret "surprise" product announcements and open, thorough beta testing of products are not compatible?

Maybe the next Apple CEO will believe that product quality is more important than "rock star keynotes".
Well, in this case (the Apple TV 2) there was a developer release done several weeks ago. In fact, I even reported a bug to Apple that happened in the iOS 4.3 beta for the iPod touch (related to home sharing, which was not fixed, but it was very minor).

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I wonder if this will correct the loss of sound issue that some (me) are experiencing as well . . . .

I had a problem where I would lose sound while watching netflix for 30-60 seconds at a time. Luckily the previous update fixed it (so far, knock on wood).

Bummer you're still having the issue.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Came here to post the same thing! I have a genre in movies called Children's that is doing the same thing. Never thought to blame the apostrophe. Unfortunately, with 2 year old twins it is our most used category. I don't want to rename 116 items though.

In iTunes just right click on the genre and edit them all at the same time with just a single change.

y3k

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
Setting HDMI out put to RGB High resolves the issue, at least for me and my Philips TV set.

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
I'm still not feeling the urge to upgrade from ATV1, but I'm open to discussion.

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to watch a movie you own on ATV2, eg. one you've bought from iTunes, it has to be present on your computer and your computer has to be on?

If that's the case, I think a MobileMe upgrade that lets it act as a media cloud for ATV2 might be the buying encouragement I need.

Presently I sync the file to the ATV1 from the computer, then I delete it from the computer, but it stays on the ATV until I watch it. (I back them up on an external drive too)

The Netflix app does look a lot better than the PS3 Netflix app.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I'm still not feeling the urge to upgrade from ATV1, but I'm open to discussion.

Am I correct in thinking that if you want to watch a movie you own on ATV2, eg. one you've bought from iTunes, it has to be present on your computer and your computer has to be on?

If that's the case, I think a MobileMe upgrade that lets it act as a media cloud for ATV2 might be the buying encouragement I need.

You are correct. That is one annoyance I've encountered since I purchased the ATV2. Your computer has to be on and connected to the network, of course. Most times it's not a problem, since I play around on my computer while watching movies and stuff. But, I would love to have the cloud.

the-oz-man

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
I'm not so certain this update is coming. I just got off the phone with AppleCare and this is a known issue with engineering, but the technician said they MAY release an update to address this. She did not sound convinced.

Furthermore, AppleCare stressed that the Apple TV 2 is meant only to be HDMI only. For most folks that are experiencing this flicker issue is due to an older HDTV from SONY, Samsung, Hatachi, and Panasonic that are usually DVI inputs. This is exactly the case for me.

Btw, you can't downgrade the iOS back to 4.1 as I asked to do. AppleCare's best recommendation to me was to return the Apple TV 2 and buy a new one hoping that it will still be on 4.1. How's that suggestion!?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.