Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
This is stupid...I want to batch process 50 mp3's. I want to normalize them all....I cant use Peak Pro (which i normally would) because after the normalize is done I hit save is I get a -2050 error. I would have to 'save as' for all of them sicen they were decompressed from mp3 format to edit in Peak Pro....Wave Editor only does wav's. Fission only does fade's.....etc. etc......!!#### Anyone know some software I can batch normalize a bunch of mp3's then just hit 'save' and overwrite the old files.? thanks

cory-bias

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2008
Actually, the error you are complaining about is changed in Peak Pro 6. Any way, when Batch File Processing, Peak Pro always saves as a new file in your chosen file format.

Since you seem to already have Peak Pro, the BFP should work great for you, you can PM me or just email me at cory@bias-inc.com if you have questions.

Thanks!

Cory

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Wow I just checked the Peak Pro 6 video..I guess I should upgrade...quite a few new things....

..so when batching why create new files? I know it's 'safer' but I am willing to risk it. I just want to run a batch and hit save. My workflow has to be as fast as possible...These files are linked to other things and I don't have time to relink them all with new file names...

cory-bias

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2008
These files are linked to other things and I don't have time to relink them all with new file names...

The file names will not change unless you instruct Peak to do so. Complications can arise when bulk editing 1000s of files. It is just plain smarter(safer) to save as new, you can always delete the existing/old files if that is what you choose.

Best,

Cory

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.