Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimotheusOnline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2016
Update seems to have been downloaded, but after clicking "Update Now" in Software update, MBP reboots fully, but the update isn't installed. Navigating back to Software update shows that 10.14.4 is still availble, and the cycle continues.

Is there something I'm missing?

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
I had a similar issue with this update, but first I had to make sure I removed the "MaOS Install Data" folder on the startup disk before applying the combo update. Then it worked.

Reactions: NoBoMac

TimotheusOnline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2016
I had a similar issue with this update, but first I had to make sure I removed the "MaOS Install Data" folder on the startup disk before applying the combo update. Then it worked.
I'll give this a shot and report back.

UPDATE // Downloading the package manually fixed it and now the machine is updated. Forgot to remove the "macOS Install Data" folder before I did it so now I'm wondering if it was ever there at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpheo

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
I'll give this a shot and report back.

UPDATE // Downloading the package manually fixed it and now the machine is updated. Forgot to remove the "macOS Install Data" folder before I did it so now I'm wondering if it was ever there at all.
Maybe not. Mine was here cause I attempted the direct update. But anyway nice that you got it working!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.