Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Got a G700s wireless mouse, doesn't work on my iMac that it was plugged into during upgrade. The buttons work but I can't move the pointer. Weird thing is, if I connect the wireless dongle to my mac book pro which is also on sierra, it works just fine. Don't know if it's a driver error. If anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot, let me know!

zer0ed

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2016
Idaho
Got a G700s wireless mouse, doesn't work on my iMac that it was plugged into during upgrade. The buttons work but I can't move the pointer. Weird thing is, if I connect the wireless dongle to my mac book pro which is also on sierra, it works just fine. Don't know if it's a driver error. If anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot, let me know!

Nor does the Logitech K800 wireless keyboard. It's not recognized period, even though it works fine with 10.11.5 on my Late 2009 27" Quad Core iMac. The iMac's original wireless keyboard as expected works fine though. Unfortunately I should have checked if any USB devices were working with 10.12. However, since the K800 issue was a deal breaker for me I removed it and reverted back to 10.11.5.

Last edited:

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
Open Logitech Control Center in System Preferences.
Click on Open Unifying Software > Advanced
Select Pair a new device. Reset to your mouse and see if it works.

I haven't upgraded to Sierra yet, but after ever beta update in El Capitan, I have to reset my Logitech M510 mouse. Logitech has released new version for several of their mice that have newer drivers. You have the option to use bluetooth or their dongle with the new mice.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
had to delete the logitech mouse kext that is installed by the gaming software and then it started working. appears to be a kext issue. It works with native mac kext but not with the logitech kext.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.