Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
Darn it... only noticed the links to similar threads after posting this. My search skills let me down!

Appears consensus is that a screen protector works fine with the Pencil.
Apologies for the unnecessary thread - Mods, you are welcome to delete!

[Irrelevant:]
Hello to the Pencil users!

Wondering about whether or not to invest in a tempered glass screen protector for my iPP?
Advertising talks of it being super-thin, which doesn't interfere with any of the touch capability – but unclear if the same holds true for the Pencil?

Anyone who is running a Pencil together with a screen-protector that can offer some insights?

[Ps - had one on my previous iPad 2, which worked ok with the soft-tip/rubber styli - never bothered to do the same with my Air 1 and the Adonit plastic-disc stylus >> but given the cost of the iPP, if I can secure it further inexpensively, then figured it would be worth a go >> but not at the expense of Pencil use...]

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I was wondering, does the Apple Pencil work with an Otterbox Defender case? Those cases tend to have a thicker plastic screen protector that doesn't adhere to the screen like plastic or glass ones do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.